An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An user who is expert in 3 categories / brands.
Re: how to replace bulb only in NP07LP housing
You can only replace the bulb from the housing ,it is easy to do it
the original bulb is USD80,
We supply original projector lamp,bulb,accessories,Lcd panel,Lens,DMD
chip,color wheel,motherboard,powersupply,ballast... with high quality and
any questions, feel free to contact me
have a nice day!
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Open the truck & remove philips head screw that is located to the left of the tail light housing in the trunk lid weatherstripping housing area. Next unscrew the trunk lining screw to fold back the trunk lining to get at the two plastic wing nuts that hold the light housing.
Unscrew these two wing nuts and slide the housing out, then remove the bulbs and replace. Bulbs come out similarly to how you'd replace the front headlight bulbs (unplug, twist counter-clockwise to unlock and remove old bulb, replace with new bulb and turn clockwise to lock, plug back in).
Check that headlamp switch (11654) is in the off position.
Lift hood (16612).
Release latch and swing filler panel to left or right.
Remove electrical connector from headlamp bulb by grasping wires firmly and snapping connector rearward.
Remove headlamp bulb retainer (13N019) by rotating counterclockwise (when viewed from rear) about one-eighth turn and sliding ring off plastic base. Keep headlamp bulb retainer as it may be used again to retain new headlamp bulb.
Carefully remove headlamp bulb from socket by gently pulling straight backward out of socket. Do not rotate headlamp bulb during removal.
Headlamp Assembly, Explorer Removal and Installation
Remove turn/park lamp attaching screws (2) and pull assembly away from body. Remove bulb sockets from housing and remove lamp assembly. Repeat on opposite side of vehicle.
With turn/park lamp assembly removed, screw attaching grille to front fender flange is accessible. Remove grille attaching screw. Repeat on opposite side of vehicle.
Remove attaching screws (4) located across top of grille.
Grip lower edge of grille and pull outward to disengage from retaining clips. Remove grille.
Using needle-nose pliers, compress barbs on headlamp housing retainer. With barbs compressed, pull forward on housing just enough to disengage from retainer. Repeat on opposite side of headlamp housing.
Turn headlamp housing as necessary and pull forward to disengage from headlamp aiming ball socket.
Disconnect wiring from headlamp bulb socket.
If replacing headlamp housing, remove retaining collar and bulb.
For installation, follow removal procedures in reverse order. Make sure to check headlamp aim.
1. Remove headlight housing. A.Open Hood and pull the release lever at the back of the housing. The headlight housing slides in and out of the body in tracks. B.Pull out the headlight housing far enough to disconnect the electric connectors, then slide the housing completely out. 2. Remove the retaining clip to remove the upper (low beam) or lower (high beam) bulb from the holder from the back of the housing unit. Remove the old bulb(s). 3. Do not touch the bulb with your bare hands! Wear clean gloves or hold with a clean paper towel. Fingerprints on the bulb will cause the bulb to burn out or explode!. Insert the new bulb. 4. Replace the retaining clips and insert the housing back into the tracks and into the body. Plug the electric connectors in and insert the housing completely. 5. Reposition the release lever to the original position being careful not to break the plasic lever. 6. Check your lights for operation.
1. Make sure headlamp is off and open hood. 2. Taurus model years 1990-1999: you must remove the whole headlamp to replace the bulb. Not a horrible task. Just annoying. 3. Facing the driver's side headlamp, and looking at the headlamp itself, at clock positions 8, 11 and 1 are the headlight housing screws. They all look the same. Using a 10mm socket wrench, remove these 3 screws and set them aside. 4. Just to the right of the "11 o'clock" housing screw is a bolt (same hexagonal 10mm sized top as the housing screws). This just needs a few turns to loosen it. 5. Gently pull the whole headlight forward. Now you can get at the bulb. 6. Disconnect the electrical connector from the bulb. Now the headlamp is free to work with. Remove the bulb, replace with a new bulb, make sure the bulb housing cylinder is in place and reconnect the electical. 7. Place headlamp back into position. Line up screw holes. Tighten the bolt. Replace housing screws and tighten. 8. Passenger side headlamp is mirror image of driver's side. Screws at 11, 1 and 4 o'clock positions. Bolt should be to the left of the "1 o'clock" housing screw.
The headlight housing must be removed to access the bulbs on the back of the housing.HOWEVER!!! you must take loose the bumper on the side you are replacing.To do this you also have to take loose the inner finder and turn you wheel sharply in the opposite direction of the bulb to be replaced.There is a 10mm nut you will have to remove inside as well as multiple plastic fasteners along the inner finder and across the front under the hood.Bulb just twist out to remove once the housing is removed.Also, resist the urge to use a very large hammer.Use caution when pulling the plastic bumper out where the 10mm nut was removed, the stud can easily scratch the paint while working the housing out of its socket.
tail light bulbs are replaced by removing the tail light housings. The housings are accessed by removing the nuts, the nuts are secured behind the inner trunk liner inside the trunk. Remove fasteners holding liner in place, remove 3 nuts for each housing(i believe it's 3 nuts if my memory serves me right), remove housing and replace bulbs