Question about Exercise & Fitness
Just bought a Gold's Gym 420 treadmill and it was working fine a couple days ago. I went to get on it this morning and it plugged in a but the start stop, preset workouts and speed and incline buttons do not work along with some of the preset speed buttons. Only 1,5,8,10 work for speed and 1,6 for incline. I thought it might be in demo mode but after reading how to undo that, nothing works. It goes from like 1-15 in preset workouts flashing each one. Seems like it is **** in Demo mode. Just curious as to why now and any help on how I can fix it would be greatly appreciated.
Here is a link to the manual pay close attention to page 16 this will tell you how to see if it is in fact in the demo mode and how to cancel it. Some thing to remember about the display is that it is a matrix with contacts going both horizontal and vertical if one is broken some buttons will work and other won't. You may want to remove the console and clean the ribbon cables.
Posted on Mar 18, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
i just called the manufacturer on this and found out i have a faulty control panel, but these are the steps they told me to go through to reset. If it works, then you are good, if not, you may also have a control panel issue.
1. plug in and turn on treadmill, keep red key out
2. press and hold the stop button and speed up button at the same time and hold them while you insert the red key
3. after red key is inserted, let go of both buttons
**CAUTION - be sure to stand on side bars of treadmill, clear of the belt for this next part bc it will go VERY FAST***
4. press stop button once
5. press speed up button until it reads 85 (see what i mean?!)
6. press stop button once
7. press incline down or up one time and it should get back into normal mode. mine just started a series of flashing lights and "8"s in all the "windows" so my panel needs to be replaced. here is the number i called - 1-877-993-7999. Good Luck!
Posted on Jan 06, 2010
1. Inspect belt and deck. The deck should be smooth. The belt should have a consistent feel from side to side (a belt can be worn out without any sensory signs of a problem). If you feel deep grooves in the deck or uneven wear on the underside of the belt, part replacement is necessary. Continued use of your treadmill may damage expensive electrical components. 2. To inspect the belt and deck visually or to clean underneath the belt before applying lubricant, the belt must have the tension reduced. Loosen the tension roller by following the instructions in your owner’s manual. Do not loosen the bolts in the tension roller too far or the bolts will come out of the roller shaft. This step may not be necessary for your treadmill model or belt and deck condition. 3. Contaminants are the worst enemy of your belt and deck. Some treadmills may have an excessive accumulation of dirt and contaminants. If these are trapped during the belt lube process, significant damage will occur. If contaminant removal is necessary, loosen the belt by following step 2, lay the treadmill on its’ side, and use a nylon brush to loosen contaminants that have accumulated on the inside of the belt. Clean the deck with mineral spirits in a well-ventilated area. Allow the deck to dry before lubing or tightening the belt. 4. After completing the steps above go to your local hardware store and purchase a can of silicone spray ( Pyroil, Napa etc ) attach the nozzle and proceed to spray length wise starting at the motor shroud to 2/3 down the deck repeat the process on the other side then re-tension the belt according to you owner's manual. Start unit and proceed to walk on it if the unit shuts down again then belt and deck needs to be replaced or your in the market for a new treadmill.
Posted on Jun 30, 2010
SOURCE: When I turn on the
First of all you need a Surge protector, you can get one from Nordictrack.com, it is on sale. Secondly, unplug the treadmill and leave it unplugged for at least 24 hours. Before you plug it back again, make sure you already have a surge protector on your outlet. Also make sure Trreadmill is the only load on this circuit. Plug it and try again. I had the same problem, and mine works this way. Some times, with dilrty power, the bit get set and the bottons stop working. Good Luck!
Posted on Jan 03, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 18, 2016 | Exercise & Fitness
Dec 27, 2013 | Icon Treadmill
Sep 25, 2013 | Golds Gym Trainer 410 Treadmill
Jul 20, 2013 | Exercise & Fitness
my gold,s gym trainer 480 will ot run,everthing light up on console. could it be a fuse?
Oct 20, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Apr 28, 2012 | Exercise & Fitness
Apr 21, 2010 | 1991 Dodge Stealth
Mar 15, 2010 | 1999 GMC Yukon
Sep 21, 2009 | Garden
1,311 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!