- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
on your tv go to menu & somewhere there it will say scan for channels so it will scan for about 5 mins then grab your remote & turn to channel 73 & there you go . if not try moving the tv to a different source like AV or YDRB
i would suspect your control buttons on your front panel on the set have become shorted. specifically the volume buttom down. This is freezing you control functions. like someone is holding the volume down button all the time. or intermitantly. this cuircit board is on front of the set. I have seen this problem a few times at the shop. The common repair is to replace that button assembly cuircit board. I believe the last time it cost the customer around 85 dollars, but like all things depends on the part and the technician that puts it in.
Hello. If this has not yet been resolved, I have some simple steps for you that will help you out.
First off, it sounds like the remote needs to be programmed, and since I do not know the particular DISH remote you have, here are the steps for a power scan, which will scan the TV for the correct code.
1. Hold down the Clear TV button until all lights at the top of the remote light up
2. Press the red TV POWER button
3. Press and release the up arrow on the remote about once a second until the tv turns off.
4. When it turns off, press the # (Pound) button
5. Try powering the tv on/off, and try the volume. If one or more of these functions do not work, start over at step 1 again.
Then once you are on 73, that picture will work. You can also try the alternate channels, which are 22 and 21. That may also give you a picture. I hope this helps!
I have the same system and one of my dogs got to the remote. I have a philips PMDVR8/PDVR8 universal remote. I was able to get the dav-hdx265 to turn on/off and do volume up and down by using code 0200. I have not been able to get the DVD functionality to work yet, but I will post if I do.
You should be able to use your remote control to do this.Your channel 73 is more than likely UHF 73 so you need to put your tv in the antenna setting rather than cable setting. Once you do this just input 73 with your remote.
Hope this helps!