An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Machine will not go into the "slow speed" Sears...
If you suspect you have a defective timer it can easily be replaced by performing the following steps:
1. Unplug washing machine... and pull out the timer knob. Some knobs have a removeable center cap and hidden screw. Some are simply slip-fit. Remove the knob.
2. Remove console. This can be accomplished in one of two ways depending on which type of console you have.
a. If the console has removable end caps, the caps lift off by prying on the top from the back of the washer. The cap will pull off towards you as you are facing the unit from the front of the washer. There will be a screw under each end cap that you will need to remove.
b. If the console does not have removable end caps, you will need to slide a putty knife under the front corner of each side and push in while lifting up. There is a retaining clip under each side that has to be released.
3. Once the console has been released it will lift up and fold back over the back of the washer in its resting position. Use care not to stress the small plastic hinges that hold it on. They can break easily.
4. Disconnect all power plugs and remove the timer's mounting screws.
5. Reinstall reverse of removal.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Did you open the top of the machine and oil every place where metal rubs against metal? Did you do the same under the machine? Use only GOOD quality sewing machine oil. If the machine is slow to recover (it may take a while for the oil to sink in), you can direct hot air from a handheld hairdryer into the internal mechanics. AVOID trying to run the machine until it moves freely or possibly risk damaging the motor.
Check the valves on the hoses, Take the hoses off the machine and see if there are screens inside the connections on the washer. If so clean them, Depending on the amount of minerals in water, you may have build up on the valves or the fill tubes, you may also have low voltage on the valve solenoids and last by not least, check the water pressure on the house.
The user of the remote machine has pressed that machine's Stop key causing the session to be prematurely terminated. Alternatively: the remote fax machine determined there was a feature incompatibility between the two machines and has terminated the session. An example would be when the local machine wanted to initiate polling, but the remote machine did not support this mode of operation.
1. Confirm the remote user is not inadvertently attempting to poll transmit from the local machine, instead of transmitting to the local machine. This mode of operation must be specially configured on the local machine. If poll transmission from the local machine is the desired mode of operation, confirm the local machine has been configured for this operation.
2. Reconfigure the local fax machine to use different configuration settings, toggle the ECM state and/or select a slower reception speed
The user of the remote machine pressed the Stop key, causing the session to be prematurely terminated.
The remote fax machine determined that there was a feature incompatibility between the two machines and terminated the session. For example, the local machine wanted to initiate polling, but the remote machine did not support this mode of operation.
Make sure that the remote machine can accept and use polling.
Select a slower reception speed.
Error 223: Definition
The local machine was unable to receive an entire page even after multiple attempts to receive the parts of the page that contain errors. This situation is usually due to extremely poor line conditions.
Try to receive the fax at a different time when telephone line conditions have improved
thats a 35 year old washer. we had one for years. the springs have lost their tension. youll have to run smaller loads, you can try sears parts direct for springs but they may not have them. It may be time to retire it.
keep it for a backup in case you new one has a problem..