Most connection problems that prevent streaming occur on the device itself, or on the home network. In a nutshell, we will have you test the Internet connection on the device, log out and back into Netflix, restart your device, and restart your home network equipment.
Select your device from the list below for steps tailored to your device:
Test the Internet connection on your device
Many devices have an application to test the Internet Connection. If not, try opening the application store or another Internet-enabled application and check if your device is able to reach Internet services.
- If you are unable to connect to the Internet, you may be having network connection issues.
Restart the device
Restart your device by unplugging it from power for at least 10 seconds, then plug it back in and turn it on with the power button. Restarting the device is often enough to restore your ability to connect to our service.
Note: All devices are different. Some may take up to 15 minutes to fully restart.
Disconnect and Reconnect the Netflix application
These instructions will work on most consumer electronic devices with the Netflix application.
- Launch the Netflix app.
- Using the arrows on your remote, enter the following sequence:
- Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up
- Select Deactivate and exit the screen.
- Restart the Netflix app and sign in to your account.
- Troubleshoot your Internet Connection