- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Yes. Once we restore the computer is set back to factory settings all the functionalities along with sound and cd/dvd drive will work fine as the software,drivers along with saved data and corrupted files will be deleted and a fresh copy of windows will be installed.
In order to perform a restore back to factory settings follow the steps below:
1. Turn off the computer completely.
2. Make sure the computer is connected to power adapter.
3. Press the power button to turn it back on and at the same time simultaneously keep tapping the ' F11 ' key on the keypad until you see a screen says 'welcome to hp recovery manager ' . you may here few beep sounds during this process. Select ' destructive recovery' option and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the process.
Note: This process may take an hour to complete and make sure to take a back up of your important data on to a cd or dvd as the process completely deletes all the files on the computer.
You can restore your laptop using a regular windows cd, formatting the disk and reinstalling the OS again. After that all the devices which the drivers are not included on the windows CD like for example; network, sound, video, you can download them from the manufacturer website and complete in this way the process to restore your laptop to zero.