Question about Whirlpool MT2110SJQ 1100 Watts Microwave Oven
Touch pad seems to be working. I put in the time to cook, press start, the microwave sounds like its about to start, but then stops. It was working perfectly before. Any thoughts?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like you just fried your magnetron. Normally when they go bad, they make a very loud noise like what you described. The smell concerns me because you may have ruined the waveguide as well. If the magnetron burns through the protective painted surface of the waveguide, the waveguide is ruined. In most microwave ovens this means replacing the entire unit because the waveguide is not replaceable. Putting a new magnetron in a damaged waveguide will result in the same arcing and eventual failure. In addition to the magnetron, the following components are part of the same high voltage network: HV Transformer HV Diode HV Capacitor Magnetron Thermal Cut-Out Any one of these components could have also been damaged. I DO NOT recommend taking any voltage measurements inside the HV network. Potentials of over 4000 volts can be reached and make it very dangerous for the do-it-yourselfer. Taking resistance readings with the unit unplugged is strongly encouraged. If you decide to pursue a repair, inspect the magnetron tip and inside of the waveguide first. If the magnetron is melted and/or there are burn marks inside the waveguide, a new microwave may be a in order. This actually may be a better option than an expensive repair. I hope you find this advice helpful.
Posted on Jul 31, 2007
SOURCE: Microwave malfunction
this could be a diode between the capacitor and magnetron, (its like a fuse) i do not recommend self repair, but give you this info as a guide to what maybe wrong, microwaves contain high voltage and care should be used if you do attempt repair hope i have helped a little
Posted on Oct 04, 2007
SOURCE: GH7145XFB-1 not heating properly
Generally, the most common causes of a failure to heat are:
- bad door switches or door switch mounts
- loose connection at the magnetron
- problem or loose conneciton on the control unit circuit board
- bad magnetron or other high voltage part
If you or a friend decide to look into it, we have critical safety information, info on door switch diagnosis and replacement, and disassembly information at our site, linked here on Fixya: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk
Posted on Nov 17, 2007
you may have gotten a power surge and that can cause some funny things to happen, 1st is there power to the oven, 2nd if so there may be an internal fuse protector built in to the oven, check with the manual for anything of that sort listed. if not you may have to take it in and have it repaired by a pro. there is a lot of voltage in these ovens and unless you know what you are doing a person could get hurt
Posted on Jan 03, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 16, 2014 | GE Appliances 30" Trivection Built-in...
Oct 02, 2012 | Sharp Microwave Ovens
Sep 24, 2011 | Daewoo KOC-925T Microwave Oven
Sep 21, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Jun 08, 2011 | Amana ACO1860 Microwave Oven
Mar 02, 2011 | GE Microwave Ovens
Apr 28, 2010 | GE JVM1740DM Microwave Oven
Oct 09, 2009 | Frigidaire FMV156DC Microwave Oven
Jul 26, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
57 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: