Question about Acer Aspire Computers & Internet
My acer aspire 5733z laptop reads on screen security harddisk sata 0 toshiba mk3259gsxp lock. will not let me into bios at all.
It's a hard disk security resource on Acer's laptops.
Some user did you the favor to set up a password (unknown, of course).
Make sure you've tryed easy pwd like 1234, 123456, 0, 1.... before try:
1) Take you laptop for authorized technical assistence service (they have the software that fixes that).
2) Try this:
(didn't work for me but it worked for others)
2) This happened to me. I searched at the internet and found a website that solved my problem by paying about U$ 60,00:
They definetly solved my problem... but I had to pay.
Sorry my poor English.
Posted on Mar 18, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
It sounds to me that someone has passworded the hard drive. If you do not know the password, there is no way to access the hard drive. The two options in this case are get the password from whoever put it on or uy a new harddrive. People usually password their harddrive in case it is stolen or lost, then nobody can read thei data or use their computer.
Posted on May 28, 2009
SOURCE: My Acer laptop has locked
After doing a bit of research and some experience, it sounds like your "friends" have set a password on your laptop for security/joke/accident. The have then either forgotten it or not known what it is and then tried to enter it in again but failed 3 times. so now you see that message.
To unlock you will need go to a site such as this that explains how to fix:
You may have to go to the exact page for the model of your Acer.
Your only alternative may be to send it too Acer themselves:
Posted on Mar 01, 2011
SOURCE: My daughter's Aspire One is
This password is a BIOS password and to reset it you'll need to go into BIOS and do it manually.
If the password comes up before any other loading screens then we'll need to flush the BIOS password cache, but hopefully we can solve everything by going into BIOS.
To enter BIOS hit the F2 key repeatedly as the computer boots up. You should enter BIOS after the first loading screen by Acer. If this does not send you into BIOS, try the DEL and F1 keys. You might also need to hold the F2 and DEL keys together. Once in BIOS find where you can set the password and reset it or enter a blank password as your new password.
If you can't access BIOS or are prompted for a password once you enter BIOS, try the following methods to flush the BIOS password cache:
1. Contact Acer support and ask if they have a backdoor BIOS password that they will allow you to use.
2. Send your laptop to Acer to have them reset the password manually, although this takes an undisclosed amount of time and I believe they will make you pay about $100.
3. If you don't want to pay Acer, open your laptop and locate the motherboard. On the motherboard there is a CMOS battery, if you don't know where this is use your PC manual. Remove the battery for an hour and then place it back on the motherboard. This should reset the password. After this turn on your computer and continuously hit F2, or whatever key you find opens BIOS, while the computer boots. This will reset all your BIOS settings so it may take a few minutes to open. After it is open, just exit BIOS and everything should be working properly.
Thanks for using FixYa and good luck!
Posted on May 17, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 25, 2015 | Acer Aspire One D270-1679 Atom N2600 1
Aug 28, 2014 | Acer Aspire V3-771-6833 17.3" Notebook PC
Feb 28, 2013 | Toshiba MK3259GSX 320GB SATA300 5400RPM...
Mar 01, 2011 | Computers & Internet
May 28, 2009 | Acer Aspire 5500 5570-2609 Laptop
Mar 07, 2009 | Acer Extensa 5620-6119 Notebook
85 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: