I have a old ibm thinkpad i series which is now my main computer untill i repair my desktop, i ordered a new battery and got it today, i put the battery in my laptop and it immediatly found it, but then i noticed it got to 99% awful fast, so i dissconnected my charger and the laptop just shut off just like there wasnt even a battery in it, so i went searching for another battery for it and found one at a local school's supplies closet, bought it off of them for $15 and popped it into the computer, again it jumped to 99% really fast, so now i think it is a bios problem, but i cant seem to find a bios update, it is a ibm thinkpad i-series 1120 type: 1161 please help me on determining if it is the bios and findind a bios update for me, highly appreicated
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
How to try to extend the battery life are much concerned by many laptop users. Utilizing some small skills and minimize unnecessary waste of battery during the using process can make you full use of your laptop battery power. The engineers of IBM personal computer business division give vast laptop users some good suggestions here to ensure that you can maximum extend laptop battery utility time. Therefore, it will improve your work efficiency; let you enjoy mobile office work and entertainment pleasure without limits. IBM batteries on sale : IBM thinkpad t40 Battery £ 37.52 ibm thinkpad t41 battery US $ 41.24 ibm thinkpad r60 battery. US $ 71.27 IBM ThinkPad T60 Battery£ 38.51
* Turn down the brightness of the screen. At the same time, although IBM ThinkPad laptop keyboard is equipped with lights, ThinkLight, but in order to save power, it is better to turn on it when under darkness conditions.
* When not using the wireless receiver device, turn it off please. * Some users like opening CD or DVD to play music anytime, the power of battery will flow away quietly along with the music playing. Suggest everybody turn on the music only under the situation that they do want to enjoy the music. * When the battery during using process, try to fully charge and discharge the battery. * Try to avoid using it under high temperature and low temperature, for example, when you enjoy sunshine on the beach, please don’t leave your laptop in the car to enjoy SAUNA. * Use proper AC adapter for your ThinkPad laptop. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery Battery MaxiMiser management software you select the most suitable for the extension of the power program. * Use the IBM ThinkPad battery management software – Battery MaxiMiser, select the power extension program which suitable for you. * Setup the standby time of monitor, hard disk and system sleep time, because it is no need to let your laptop still running at full load when you are at non-working stage. * Under the Intel SpeedStep technology effect situation, the processor based on the current load situation adjusts the speed automatically to save battery power overall. In fact, the laptop battery is a spiritual guy, after got expert advices, please treat it properly, it will bring you to enjoy a better mobile life. battery info via: http://www.sales-battery.com http://www.global-battery.co.uk
go to : Canada battery on-line shop,sell Laptop battery, Digital Camera Battery (DC ...... Welcome to buy ThinkPad T42, replacement laptop battery for IBM ThinkPad... https://www.linkme.com.au/groups/public
I don't mean to disagree with my associate, but DVD players for R series (or T, A, etc) can be found for less than 20.00 US (Ebay is a good example)
For that matter, we've got at least a dozen at our shop which we sell for 25.00
Installation is very simple as well, just pop the old drive out, put the new drive in.