- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
SYSTEM SETUP 1.In Stop mode, press the SETUP button. 2.Use the or button to select the System Setup option. 3.Press the button to highlight the Default. 4.Use the or button to select the desired setup option. 5.To exit the SETUP MENU and return to the normal screen, highlight the Exit Setup Mode ( ) and press the ENTER/ OK button.
Default It takes 3-5 seconds to reset the unit to the factory default
Press and hold the Play button until the player turns on. After the Welcome screen the Main Menu will appear. Press the PREV/NEXT button to select the Setting mode. Briefly press the Menu mode button to enter the Setting mode in order to view or change the setup of your system. Select the [EN] icon (the first icon on the first row).
Yes, enter the menu. Look for signal source (ant/cable) select cable. Then run channel scan. This is an older TV and will require some time for the system to scan the cable channels and adjust. The process could take up to 20 min. Do not disrupt. Wait fo unit the TV is completed the process. If you have the operations manuel, the step by step for this process is posted.
Please note this TV is only capable of process NTSC TV signals. If the cable company you are using is supply Digital or Quam or ATSC type signals then the TV just won't work.
G-link can be turned off through the menu. You should see that selection in the first or second page of the set up menu. G-link is for TV guide and record setup for VCR operation. The TV guide should also be set to off or "no" in the same setup menu. You MUST got through the complete setup menu in order for the TV Guide not to try to operate each time you turn on the TV.
I believe you have probably selected the wrong TV mode. It seems that you have set the TV to analog mode. It is common for the digital tuning option to be greyed out in analog mode and only becomes available in digital mode. Look for a button on your Sharp remote labelled "DTV" or "DIGITAL" and press this, then open the menu and try the digital setup again. If you don't have one of these buttons, look for a button labelled "INPUT" or "SOURCE" and look for an input or mode called digital or DTV.
I will check on the exact method for your TV and post back with the details shortly.
You either set the options incorrectly when running the "First Time Setup" or you skipped the first time setup entirely. Even though the cable works with your older TV, you still need to setup your new TV correctly to receive the cable feed.
The quickest way to do this is run the setup manually from the menu as follows:
1. Turn the TV on 2. Press the "MENU" button on the remote 3. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "SETUP" (the arrows are the big ring button around "OK") 4. Press "OK" to enter the SETUP MENU 5. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "PROGRAM CHANNEL" 6. Press "OK" to enter the PROGRAM CHANNEL MENU 7. Use the LEFT/RIGHT arrow key to ensure "CABLE" is highlighted 9. Use the DOWN arrow key to highlight "AUTO" 10. Press "OK" to enter the AUTO SCAN MENU 11. Highlight "ALL CHANNELS" using the UP/DOWN arrows 12. Press "OK" to start the AUTO SCAN
The scan may take several minutes to complete.
13. Highlight "APPLY" using the the LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys. 14. Press "OK" - all of the scanned channels will now be saved.
The TV should now return to viewing mode and you should be able to watch cable on your new TV. If the TV does not automatically exit the menu, simply press the "EXIT" key on the remote, next to the MENU button.
Please run through the above steps and if you are still unable to get the cable channels on your new TV, please post back for further assistance.
The volume keys should be working by default, but you may have volume punch through turned on (meaning the remote is sending signals for TV or CABLE volume function no matter what mode you are actually on). To unlock volume control for AUX mode, do the following: 1. Press and release AUX 2. Press and hold SETUP until the remote blinks twice 3. Type 993 4. Press and release VOL- The remote should blink four times to confirm unlock.
For channel setup you will need to;
1) Connect the signal source to the back of the set.(Antenna or Cable) 2) Go into the TV Menu and select the same signal source you connected to the back.(Antenna or Cable)
3) Go to the auto program/scan menu and run it. This may take a few minutes.
I had this same experience and after hours of attepts to fix it (including the suggestions on this site) I found that the company that installed and set up my system literally disabled the "set up" on the remote so that it could not be changed. To fix this (and/or confirm that this may be your problem) reference page 39, "all reset functions" to reset your remote back to factory settings. As soon as I did this and hit "set-up" -- the set up menu popped up and worked appropriately. Hope this works for you!