Question about Dell PowerEdge 2600 Server
1) Buy same size/style hard drive
2) Install it in the hot-swap tray
3) Plug it in
4) Open up Dell OpenManage Array Manager
5) Right click on array and select Add New Member
6) Add the new drive to the array
7) Wait for reconstruction to complete
8) Use a third-party tool like Paragon Partition Manager or Acronis Disk Editor for Servers and resize the partition, allocating the new drive.
This can all be done without shutting down the system. You should reboot before using the partition tool, but it can be done without the reboot.
Posted on Nov 01, 2007
What controller do you have and are you doing JBOD?
Posted on Oct 31, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 20, 2011 | IBM eServer xSeries 236
Jul 25, 2008 | HP Compaq ProLiant DL380 G4 Server
Oct 28, 2009 | IBM xSeries 220 (86451SF) Server
May 26, 2009 | IBM x3400 Server
Feb 23, 2009 | Dell PowerEdge 1800 Server
May 22, 2008 | Dell PowerEdge 2500 Server
Jan 02, 2008 | Dell PowerEdge 2500 Server
Dec 04, 2007 | Dell PowerEdge 2600 Server
Feb 23, 2006 | Cybertron Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz Serial...
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: