Question about Philips 60P8342 60" Rear Projection Television

1 Answer

I need help w my tv

Hi i need help because i need to find a partĀ  called a module

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.


    An expert that hasĀ over 10 points.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 20 Answers

Hi! tico22,

Which module do you need? Please reply.



Posted on Nov 15, 2007


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How to hook up ps2 to a emerson tv

Hi Bonnie, first, we need to know if your TV is compatible for the connections from the Playstation. The way to tell, is do you have the matching RCA inputs on the TV? These are the Yellow(Y) Red(R) and White(W) cords that come with all PS1's 2's and 3's. (Yes, all years and models are exactly the same) If your TV does NOT have the matching RCA inputs, don't worry! You can still hook it up to the TV, but it will require another piece of equipment. You will need to add a signal converter box(I will put in a link for it) What this does, is lets you plug the cords from the Playstation, into the box, then out too the place where you plug your cable or TV antenna. These boxes are also called RF Modulators. They are available at every local Walmart or Meijers respectively.I hope this helps. Good luck. ^^
RF Modulator TV Switch Audio Video RCA Ant Input to Type Coax Output...

Jan 18, 2016 | Sony PlayStation 2 (PS2) Console

1 Answer


Hi, after a lot of searching I found all your bits but not too sure on the TV itself as it's not showing connections on the rear.
However as far as I can see, based on the device and your question, it looks like the standard old style coax goes from the CRF 907 TV OUT socket to your TV's ANT. IN socket.
I hope this helps.

May 05, 2017 | RCA Crf907 Compact Rf Modulator

1 Answer

Yellow light on front continously blinking

hello my name is rico and i work on tvs somes times. this kind of tv has a common problem with the part that is call dm (digital module). you need to remove the dm from the tv and open it. Replace the 7 caps in it an d put it back inside the tv that should fix your problem, if you need more help please feel free to call me at anytime. 602-810-7149 i live in mesa az. good luck it.

Dec 30, 2010 | Mitsubishi WS-65869 65" Rear Projection...

1 Answer

Need a wiring scematic to locate the dm module to replace caps for the microprocessors. Had a power outage the other night now the power light on the front of the set just blinks. Can anyone help me?

You need pictorial to locate dm module in tv and to replace bad capacitors.
This Link will help you to locate dm module in tv and info about what are requirements to replace bad capacitors in dm board.
Hope this will help you.

Dec 29, 2010 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Timer flashes, then lamp light comes on. Unit will not turn on. Lamp not blown.

DM module is not booting up because there are some capacitors in its power supply that are defective in your tv .There are four capacitors that go bad inside your tv in DM module . You need to replace those 4 capacitors . It will cost you around $40 . If you're not a tech, and you'll most likely need to call technician to repair your tv . Hope this helps .

Jan 23, 2010 | Mitsubishi WD-52531 Television

1 Answer

Powering up

Good day sir, hi, your plasma TV has a module called switching power supply board, this board accepts AC mains 110/220v and convert them to different voltage levels to power your plasma tv. If your TV isn't powering up, this board is the culprit. you need check the fuse of this board or replace this board if the fuse is good. A replacement board is hard to come by, call your dealer if there is warranty, use it. If the warranty has already lapse, inquire your problem to them about the service. thanks.

Nov 11, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Hi, Need d1000 MODULE for camera and TV for my mobile phone. Thanks for help.

Hi please explane what is a D1000 module for with camera or phone?


Rob Rotronica

Apr 15, 2009 | Cameras

1 Answer

Connecting older model quasar to dvd/vcr player (magnavox)

Hi and welcome to FixYa,

Initially, the only reason you would need/use a modulator is when the DVD/VCR has no RF OUT and the Quasar TV has no Audio/Video IN. If this were the case, then connections would be:
  • yellow Video Out of DVD/VCD to yellow Video IN of modulator;
  • red/white Audio Out of DVD/VCR to red/white Audio In of modulator;
  • modulator RF Out to RF/ANT/CABLE IN of the Quasar;
  • TV has to be set to either Channel 3 or 4;
  • if Modulator has no RF OUT but instead has a small antenna, still the TV has to be set to either Channel 3 or 4.
If however, the DVD/VCR has an RF OUT, then a coaxial patch cord from this could be connected to the RF/ANT/CABLE IN of the Quasar. The TV has to be set to either Channel 3 or 4. There would be no need for the modulator.
Good luck and Thank you for using FixYa.

Jan 03, 2009 | Televison & Video

1 Answer

Power convergence board on RCA HD52W59

Hello renning,

You may not have to buy a new board. It just might be the Convergence Amplifiers that have gone bad. You may just want to replace them first and then see if it corrects your problem before getting the whole board. The convergence amplifiers are easily identified they are tow big black modules attached to a big metal frame called a heat sync, normally it will be located on the right rear section of the TV set looking at it from the back or it would be located in the middle rear of the set looking at it from the rear. In any even look for two big six sided black components with 21-22 pins, now this is the important parts some electronics parts stores sell what are called Convergence Kits (Yes this problem is so common that they have put kits together to repair this issue), they contain the two modules and the biasing resistors needed to properly do the job. You will have to order the kit for your make and model of TV if they do not have a kit, you will have to use a schematic diagram to find the values of the biasing resistors needed. Once you have the modules and the biasing resistors, you will have to de-solder the modules and the associated resistors and replace them with the ones you purchased. You will also need to detach the modules from the heat sink clean the heat sink (with alcohol) and then attach the new modules (with a new application of heat sink paste, which is the white stuff the you removed with the alcohol) with the screws you removed to detach the modules. Once the modules and biasing resistors are installed you will need to turn on the TV and then perform a convergence setup, your TV most likely will have an auto convergence alignment setup feature on the setup menu , use this to do the convergence alignment setup (check your users manual for help in doing this). The cost for this repair will be as follows:

2 STK392-1XX series Convergence Amplifiers $4.00-$15.00 USD Total $8.00 - $30.00 USD

9-10 biasing resistors $5.00-$10.00 USD (multipack) $15.00 USD

Solder $5.00 USD

Soldering Iron $20.00 USD

Silicone Heat sink paste $6.00 USD

de-soldering brade $5.00

The cost of materials will be about $81.00 on the high end.

The cost of a new board will be about $150.00 - $200.00 depending on the vendor.

You can buy replacement boards from a manufacture approved vendor outlet, go to the manufacture's site find support and parts they should have a listing of supported vendors. I would suggest calling the vendor and ordering from the phone asking them to send you an RMA for the part (board) this protect you from having them asses charges without delivery of product.

You will need the schematic diagram to help you install it schematics can be purchased at
for about $19.00 USD.

I hope this helps,

Thank you,


Jul 15, 2008 | RCA HD52W59 HDTV Projection Television

1 Answer

SSB Module

Try and get there # and call them or look up the part # but you wont find it as ssb. your gonna need the # off the module. You are aware of the hi voltage dangers inside these sets??? As these sets have a very high voltage inside them even when they are tuned off and unplugged. Good Luck

Jun 09, 2006 | Philips 60P8342 60" Rear Projection...

Not finding what you are looking for?
Philips 60P8342 60" Rear Projection Television Logo

Related Topics:

60 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Philips Televison & Video Experts

The Knight
The Knight

Level 3 Expert

75276 Answers

matt martin
matt martin

Level 3 Expert

1216 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Are you a Philips Televison and Video Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides