Question about Roper MHE14XKB Microwave Oven
I have a roper under cabinet MW that mounts under a cabinet and over a cooktop. the cooktop(under cabinet) light burned out. when I changed the bulb, the old bulb and base seperated upon removal and the wires apparently shorted out when twisting the bulb in the loose base. when I put in the new bulb, the light would'nt work. I've checked the bulbs and even used a meter to see if there was voltage in the socket. No voltage. the 20 amp fuse mounted in the unit checks ok and everything else works fine. Is the control board bad ,is there a particular component on the board that will cause this ?
This may have already been dealt with, but others can benefit from an accurate, thoughtful reply to this problem.
We see this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which we regularly repair nationwide for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, linked here on Fixya:
We're happy to help and we appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
Posted on Nov 26, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 23, 2012 | Amana Microwave Ovens
Dec 15, 2011 | Microwave Ovens
Mar 06, 2011 | Viking VMOS200 Microwave Oven
Feb 07, 2011 | Roper MHE13XH Microwave Oven
Dec 16, 2010 | Westinghouse Microwave Ovens
Apr 09, 2010 | GE JVM1653 Microwave Oven
Mar 20, 2010 | Microwave Ovens
Dec 16, 2009 | KitchenAid KHHS179LSS Convection /...
Jan 30, 2008 | Bosch HMV9305 Microwave Oven
Sep 27, 2007 | GE JE1640 Microwave Oven
244 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: