- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
place the document to be scanned on the scanner bed.. then open start-programs-accessories-paint. In paint click on file and then from the menu click on from scanner or camera.. will automatically scan it there.
if u need help setting up default scanner software.. email me at email@example.com
1. If it prints the alignment page, sometimes you have to put the page back on the scanner glass and hit continue or start on the printer for it to scan back in the alignment page to complete the alignment process
2. If thtat's not it, try going to add/remove programs in control panel and uninstall all dell pritner software, then reinstall using the link below:
One possible source for this kind of problem is the carriage guide.
Open the unit and check if the main guide (a shiny rod) is dry.
If it is, it can cause all kinds of distortion of characters.
If so, use a resin-free lubricant (sewing machine oil) and apply it very sparingly to that rod.
If the unit self-parks as most, I would suggest making it scan and then pulling the plug from the wall so the carriage stays visible.
This way, you can gently move the carriage back and forth by hand to distribute the oil.
Before you close it back up, use a light to peer inside.
If you see a plastic band that is threaded through the carriage, use a little window cleaner and a wetted tissue, pinch the band and gently clean the length of it.
This band is used for determining where the carriage is and where it should go.
The simplest and fastest option is to compress the document with either WinZip or PKZip. That compression makes the software ignore the attachment. Both programs are pretty universal so that recipients would be able to uncompress the files at the other end. You can download the programs for free from www.tucows.com. Just search their site for those compression applications. If you are on a Mac, you can obtain Stuffit to do the same thing.