Good morning, afternoon, evening or night; whatever time you are viewing this solution post. Thank you for choosing FixYa to solve your problem. So you have connected your Nanomax iPod to the computer and it's not charging like it's supposed to, and you want to know how you should charge it properly? There are two ways you can charge the battery - charging via your Dock Connector to USB Cable, or the Apple USB Power Adapter (which is sold separately). Here are the step by step instructions to charging your and Nanomax. Using the Dock Connector to USB Cable
Using the Apple USB Power Adapter
- Using your Dock Connector to USB Cable, plug the dock connector end to your iPod and plug the USB end to your computer. Make sure the computer you are using has a USB 2.0 port (check your computer's technical specifications to see if it's USB 2.0 certified). Most USB ports on the keyboards of laptops do not provide enough power to perform charging activities. If you have a Docking Station, plug the docking connector into the station and placed the iPod in the station as well.
- Make sure your computer is fully awake and not asleep (meaning in sleep mode).
- A fully charged battery takes 3 hours to complete. An 80% charged battery takes an hour and 30 minutes. The battery is charging when it shows the charging icon (a battery not fully shaded in green, with a lightning bolt).The battery is done charging when the "fully charged" icon shows (a green-shaded battery with a 2-prong plug showing).
- When you are done, disconnect the cable from your computer.
- Connect the Alternating Current (AC) Plug Adapter with the power adapter (if connected already, skip this step).
- Using your Dock Connector to USB Cable, connect the dock connector end to your iPod and the USB end to the power adapter.
- Plug the power adapter into a polarized wall outlet or surge protector outlet.
I think you connected everything correctly, but the USB port on your computer did not have enough power to charge your battery. If that's the case, you will have to find a computer that has a USB 2.0 port on it (like a desktop PC or MAC, or a car adapter charging device) and connect to it, or use the USB Power Adapter (sold seperately). I think this pretty much answers your question. I hope this benefits you the best way possible. Once again, thank you for choosing Fixya as your one-stop solution spot for your problems. Have a good day, evening or night; whatever time you are viewing this, and visit us again the next you need assistance troubleshooting.