Question about LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Ok, now what do I do? Got it wet.

Spilled drink in bag that had phone in it. Phone flashed feebly then went out. Doesn't light up when plugged in to charger. Should I call it toast? I could take it apart and fool with it.

Posted by on

1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    Problem Solver:

    An expert who has answered 5 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 8 Answers
Re: Ok, now what do I do? Got it wet.

I would take the battery out for a few days let it dry out and see what happens. If it still doesnt work yes i would call it toast or if you want to pay out some extra money to send it in to be repaired than do that, if not call it toast. Do not take it apart and fool around with it, these phones are not easy to put back together lol

Posted on Oct 31, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

My daughter spilled juice on her cell phone, it can receive calls but she cant answer them because the touch screen will not work

You should never turn on any electronics that are wet.
  • Remove the battery
  • Place phone in a bag of rice
  • let it sit for 24/48 hours
  • Replace battery

Once it has dried out from the rice, you should be good to go, if you have not damaged it by powering it up while it was wet

I hope this helps

Mar 11, 2011 | Cell Phones

1 Answer

Spilled vodka on my phone (LG Shine). Diddnt get too wet. The little whit sticker is still white so apparently it did not get to wet. Now the phone will turn on, show the AT&T logo, and then turn off....

The next solution is about water damage , just try it for your problem :
This works on most mini electronic devices like cellular phones and degital cameras etc . it sounds crazy .
Remove the back (or Cover ) of the phone( or Camera ), battery, and SIM if your phone ( or Device ) uses one , DIRECTLY .
Then, with a q-tip (or something similar), dab the connection points (shiny, goldish) on the battery, SIM, and phone. This should aid in drying.
Finally, place all contents in a bag of uncooked rice (separately, do not put back together just yet). it sounds crazy , but it draws the moisture out.
It normally is working after just 7-8 hours, but I would wait 12 hours or even 24 hours before attempting to use (just to be sure).

beware the water damage, despite being dry now, will void any warranties. Also, the phone's hardware is now weakened and if you drop it, the green mother board and circuitry could shatter - so be more careful.

This does work on electronic devices aside from phones as well. Simply tailor it to your device. If you do not have a SIM (Verizon phones, cameras, all others), remove only the battery. If you have an iPhone/iPod or GPS and cannot remove the battery, simply make sure it is all the way off, then put it in the rice bag. All electronic devices react the same to the rice trick.
rate if useful please !

Jan 21, 2010 | LG Shine KE970 Cellular Phone

1 Answer

How can i fix cell phone screen that wont light up. My wife dropped it in a mud puddle yesterday. She picked it up quick and took off the back but it wasnt went inside but I think the screen might of got...

you can try storing it in a bag of rice for a day or two. take the battery out and leave the back cover off. put it in a bag with rice seal. the rice pulls the moisture out of the phone. That is your first step. After that, if it doesn't work then you will need to replace the screen or get a new phone

Jan 18, 2010 | Samsung Propel Cell Phone

1 Answer

My krzr had a drink spilled on it last night. I dried it out and it still turns on, all my contacts and stuff are there. But i cant get service or get it to charge. Can i fix it or no?

well you might try and take out the battery,,and remove as many covers as you can,then put the phone in a plastic bag full of white could dry up the rice does absorb it..i have seen this work

Nov 14, 2009 | Motorola Mobility KRZR K1m Cellular Phone

1 Answer

Water got into the phone

put it in a bag of rice for 2 days with battery out and battery cover off
it may work
good luck

Sep 30, 2009 | Samsung Propel A767 Cell Phone

1 Answer

Got it wet

well you can either get a new phone or possiably take it apart and blow dry it on low to dry it out.i know that sounds crazy i did that on my razr phone.if you dont want to do that and your phones under warranty i would take it back.

Jul 03, 2008 | Nokia 6133 Cellular Phone

2 Answers

Spill drink on Razor V3/

try cleaning the cell completed overhall check battery if it ok you can have it service before buying parts for the cell ask to have it service if other problems you can way the cost of relpacement

Aug 10, 2007 | Motorola Mobility RAZR V3c Cellular Phone

Not finding what you are looking for?
LG CHOCOLATE VX8500 Cellular Phone Logo

Related Topics:

29 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top LG Cell Phones Experts

Scott Fryer

Level 2 Expert

80 Answers

Steve Sweetleaf
Steve Sweetleaf

Level 3 Expert

1128 Answers

Jeremy Murray
Jeremy Murray

Level 2 Expert

127 Answers

Are you a LG Cell Phone Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides