Question about Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
When booting up my computer it's verifying the DMI pool data then hangs. On the line under that there is this symbol Yo Yo with 2 dots in the middle of the O's, looks like an electical outlet, what are these and what can i do to fix this? I have tried everything, bios, removing video card and putting in another, taking out the ram, unplugging everythin, everything imaginable. I do not want to do a clean install or wipe the drive clean this is a fairly new hard drive with things i don't want to lose.
Thank you in advance, GerBear
Just worth a try if your using XP. :) using XP recovery console:
To run the Recovery Console from the Windows XP startup disks or the Windows XP CD-ROM, follow these steps:
1. Insert the Windows XP startup disk into the floppy disk drive, or insert the Windows XP CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive, and then restart the computer.
Click to select any options that are required to start the computer from the CD-ROM drive if you are prompted.
2. When the "Welcome to Setup" screen appears, press R to start the Recovery Console.
3. If you have a dual-boot or multiple-boot computer, select the installation that you must access from the Recovery Console.
4. When you are prompted, type the Administrator password. If the administrator password is blank, just press ENTER.
5. At the command prompt, type the command:
6. When finished checking, exit the Recovery Console and restart the computer, type exit at the command prompt, and then press ENTER.
Also verify that your HD has been set to master in Primary IDE and the others (if you have like CDROMS) in as slave.
Posted on Oct 28, 2007
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 09, 2011 | Intel Computers & Internet
Oct 20, 2009 | E-Machines eMachines Desktop PC
Sep 10, 2009 | Acer Aspire T160 (AST160UA3400) PC Desktop
Sep 02, 2009 | Computers & Internet
Aug 07, 2009 | Northgate (STAX2517C2) PC Desktop
Jun 12, 2009 | Microsoft Windows? Vista Home Premium...
May 15, 2009 | Acer Veriton 7500G PC Desktop
Jun 23, 2008 | Computers & Internet
119 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: