Question about Canon MultiPASS C755 All-In-One InkJet Printer
The driver provided by Cannon simply does not work with Windows XP Home Addition with SP 2 installed. Has anyone found a fix? Is it time to abandon Cannon as a print provider?
Had the same problem and this is what Canon told me to do and it worked.
Canon has developed a patch that will correct the printing issues that
you have experienced. Please follow these steps to download and
1. Using your Internet browser visit http://www.canontechsupport.com.
2. Select the following from the list below [Please choose your
product from the menus below] drop-down boxes:
2-1. Select [Multifunction] from the first drop-down box.
2-2. Select [Inkjet] as the Product Type from the second
2-3. Select [MultiPASS C755] from the third drop-down box and
3. On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Setup Instruction'
link. A new window will appear.
4. Click on 'Drivers / Software' tab.
5. Click [Windows XP Update for Windows 2000].
6. Read the disclaimer and click on I Agree - Begin Download.
7. Read the provided instructions, and then click on
8. In the File Download box, click [Save].
9. When the Save As box comes up, choose Desktop and click Save.
10. Once the download is complete, close all windows.
11. On the Windows desktop, double-click on [C755_WinXP_Updater.exe].
12. After the file has been extracted, click OK to begin the update.
13. Once the update is completed, click YES to restart Windows.
Installing this update will fix the printing issues.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your
Thank you for choosing Canon.
Technical Support Representative
Special Note: Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via email.
If your question remains unanswered after you have received this email,
you may call our special toll-free number for email customers with
unresolved issues and speak to a technician* by dialing 1-866-261-9362,
Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. (excluding holidays).
If you prefer to continue to communicate via email, reply to this
message and we will respond as quickly as possible.
*Telephone support for products no longer covered under the
manufacturer's warranty may require a $9.99 fee for support.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 11, 2011 | Epson POS TMT88IV Thermal Receipt Printer...
Apr 04, 2011 | Intel SERVER MOTHERBOARD SINGLE SOCKET...
Apr 05, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio SP C820DN Laser Printer
May 08, 2009 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Feb 16, 2009 | Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with...
Jan 17, 2009 | Intel D845GVSR Motherboard
Nov 19, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional With...
Mar 18, 2008 | Microsoft Windows XP Professional for PC
Dec 30, 2007 | Soltek SL-915G Pro-FGR Motherboard
184 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!