First the light inside was dim and when I hit the quick cook, it acted like it tried to start and then just turned off. My first reaction was to unplug it to see if it would reset but being as he is........ my husband decided he would do this again several times (as if it would magically fix it) and now it won't come on or do anything. I unplugged it overnight, still nothing. Seems to have some kind of "goo" oozing out the back bottom panel. Looks thick like old bacon grease? I am not even sure how that would get there since it seems to be completely sealed on the inside.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Time to throw it away. Microwave ovens can be dangerous if not working correctly. Micro-waves, (The actual waves themselves) can be lethal. Unless you really know what you are doing, do not under any circumstances dismantle the machine and switch it on. The cabinet of the machine is designed as a protective box and should stop random waves escaping and cooking anything else including you own insides. Generally Microwave ovens are uneconomical to repair, for the parts and labour you can buy a new one. Buy the most powerful you can. If you buy anything that is below 1000 Watts make sure it has a turn table. Remember that the more you place in a microwave oven, the longer it takes to cook. If you have a big family and you can afford it, you might like to think about a commercial oven 1600 - 1800 watts, that can cope well with large quantities well and will cook a tin of baked beans in less than a minute.
Yes, take the rack out and recycle it. I do not know why these micro-wave
company put racks in the micro wave ovens. You get some insulation on the inside
the micro flaking off next the rack.
The mega-tron tube is a very high energy transmitter. The energy will come
out of the top inside the micro wave oven in a wave guide. Micro wave energy
that generation by the tube is high frequency into Gega Hertz. You have a metal
tray in side the micro wave acts like a big capacitor it stores energy in form
of heat the next you know it look like Marconi is putting on a lighting
Leave the wire tie on a loft of bread and put in you micro wave oven to
defrost. The next thing you might see is a load bread burning, instant toast.
----The use of micro wave were invented by the British before WWII. The mega
tron tube generation very high frequency radio wave and these wave struck an
object 100 miles away some of this beam energy would balance back to a
receiver-----You have Radar.... I wish you and your family well being and be
careful of micro wave ovens it can burn from inside out. GB you...stewbison
Highly likely your microwave has "failed".
Down inside the microwave is a part called the Magnetron. This is the part, (about the size of your fist), that makes the sound waves to cook the food.
On some models, it can fail, whilst all the other stuff works.
1) You need a fuse replaced.
2) You need a capacitor replaced (That part "starts" the magnetron) or
3) you need a new magentron.
In any regard, very often people will not opt to have it repaired, because the labor & parts can cost more than a new Microwave.
God bless your efforts.
YOU SHOULD NOT RUN MICRO WITHOUT ANY THING IN IT / THIS WILL OVER LOAD THE MAG TUBE . AND SOME TIMES FRY IT .. The sparking and arcing is probably a bad wave guide . this is sometimes caused by food splater / it gets in the cracks and corners and then cooks till it truns to carbon which conduts the micro's and thus arching .. clean it good and touch up any burns in the metal and repl wave guide cover. mm hope this will help .. mm
It looks like the metal part inside the oven is exposed to the high frequency rf waves. this may sound strange but try coating the metal part with fresh paint. remember no metal inside the oven will stand the waves created inside the oven the spark u see is the waves hitting the exposed metal part inside the oven
We have a similar problem! It sounds like a problem with the microswitch inside the unit that the door is suppose to engage when closed. If not engaged properly, it will not cook. We had the switch replaced last March but it has started acting up again. We can press in on the door and/or lift it slightly and it will cook. Try putting time on the counter and hit start. It the word "cook" appears then try moving the door slightly and see if the turntable starts turning. If not, then you may have a more serious problem. Good luck!