Question about Samsung Refrigerators
Ice is building up below pantry drawer in refrigerator
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: water in bottom of fridge
Thanks to all who spent money or shared their experience to have somebody do this repair, and I really mean it.
I have a Whirlpool TopLoad Fridge (not a side by side).
Things you'll need
Small socket for cardboard panel on lower back and panel inside freezer
1. Take everything out of freezer
2. Turn dials off in fridge for both compartments
3. Pull fridge out so you can get behind it and unplug it
4. Be vigilant of ice maker line if installed
5. Pull cardboard panel off on back
On the left side you should see the back of the skinny drip pan and a small line. That line goes from the freezer and is most likely clogged.
6. Blow dry the back of the freezer enough so the ice is thawed at the bottom of the back panel.
7. Remove the two screws on the back panel. You may just be able to pull it toward you enough to get behind it. You'll see the coils and fan, and underneath these you may see some ice sheets and there should be a hole. That is the drain line that is clogged. I heated up some water and poured it over the drain to thaw the line. You may want to remove the crisper drawers and put some towels down there to catch the overflow. Once the ice is thawed enough at the drain. Go to the back of the fridge and place the end of the bicycle pump at the bottom of the drain hose. Apply pressure to get a good seal but keep pumping. You may have to go back and forth between pumping and thawing, but you'll know it is clear when you hear air going into the freezer and then the wonderful moment when water drips into the drip pan as advertised!
Keep those fridges less full so that the door stays sealed and keep the seal clean and also keep your doors from having too much stuff so the weight of the door doesn't pull away.
Okay, put it back together, turn everything on and be careful of your cord and lines when pushing the fridge back. Thank the Lord ours has wheels and man,was it cruddy underneath. Vacuum those coils underneath the fridge too for proper air circulation.
Blessings to you!
Posted on Jan 11, 2009
clear ice and with hot water pour into the drain hole till open and drains ,, take back panel of freezer out and wrap a piece of thick cooper wire around the heater and drop into the drain hold about 1in and it will keep drain open / thanks
Posted on Jan 14, 2009
Remove the food from the freezer and then remove the rear freezer wall . Should be 2-4 screws and maybe a clip on each side on the top vent . Once the panel is removed , useing a hairdryer , defrost the tray below the coils until you can see the drain hole . Defrost the drain hole until water begins to flow into the hole . Use a small hose inserted into the hole and blow out any debris which has accumulated . You can also use hot water to help defrost the drain hole . Once completed , reinstaal the panel and of course , food .
Posted on Aug 08, 2009
There's a drain hole in the freezer side behind the bottom drawer in the back wall that must be clogh ; put hot water into it untill melted the ice and keep pouring water to clean the drain (don't worry , the water goes to an evaporative tray) .Keep the drain clean by putting every 3/4 months half a cup of clorox or bleach.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
Had the same problem. I noticed that the fan in the freezer never shut off so I suspected the thermostat. I ordered and installed a new thermostat (about $30 and 15 minutes to install), the fan now cycles correctly and the ice build up is gone.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 11, 2016 | Samsung Refrigerators
Jun 08, 2016 | Samsung RF4287HARS French Door...
Dec 14, 2015 | Samsung Refrigerators
Jul 08, 2015 | Refrigerators
Feb 04, 2013 | Samsung RF265AA Bottom Freezer French Door...
Check out these tips...they can help you figure out what is going wrong with your refrigerator and why it is not cooling
Refrigerator not Cooling or Fridge not Cooling
How to Defrost Refrigerator Defrost Timer Problem
Water Running in refrigerator from Freezer
Jan 29, 2011 | Viking DFBB363 Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Sep 23, 2010 | Samsung RB2155 Bottom Freezer Refrigerator
Jun 19, 2010 | Samsung RF265AA Bottom Freezer French Door...
Jul 24, 2017 | Samsung RF265AA Bottom Freezer French Door...
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!