Question about Goldstar MV-1501 Microwave Oven
< -- I see and repair this on a regular basis. Details are here .
This failure occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line, as the warning label near the light socket advises.
Feel free to contact me for more information.
Posted on Feb 17, 2014
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: tripped a breaker
sometime the kitchen has gfc outlets around the walls and one of them tripped. but not likely , it sounds like the microwave fried some valuable circuitry.
Posted on May 12, 2008
SOURCE: Goldstar MV1526B
We see (and repair) this a lot. The problem is on the control panel, which
we regularly repair nationwide by mail for $39.95 postpaid.
This light failure often occurs when a bulb goes out and the filament shorts, or when the bulbs are removed or installed without first unplugging the oven from the power line. Either can cause such a failure on the controller.
This can often also affect the exhaust fan operation, too. The lights and fan can be inoperable or stuck on too.
Details of our service and critical safety information and disassembly information is at our site, and our link is at our listing here on FixYa.
Feel free to contact me directly.
We're happy to help you with free advice and we'd appreciate your thoughtful rating of our answer.
William E. Miller
Posted on Aug 02, 2008
Please go through this link for possible troubleshooting steps:
Hope that helps!
Posted on Oct 03, 2008
when that happen to me i change the bulb and the fuse in of the microwave f the don't work send it to the company that made it and they should tell what wrong.
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
after removing the cover of microwave chk for continuty of cavity thermostat usually calld TCO(thermal cut off). it is located on top of the cavity and circular in shape.usually neutral wire goes through this 2 control board and this TCO is for protection of cavity from overheating.if this tco is open.then replace it.usually this happens when u cook for 2 long.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
Testimonial: "That was it. I pulled the wires off and tested continuity and the circuit was open no reading. So I bypasssed it and plugged it in and POWER!! $4 cost"
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 09, 2014 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Apr 14, 2011 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven
Hi, Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Here is a tip that will help you to figure out what is wrong with your Microwave Oven....
Microwave Oven Troubleshooting Tips
Sep 20, 2010 | Amana Radarange Microwave Oven
Sep 21, 2009 | Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven
May 03, 2009 | Sharp R-1502 Microwave Oven
Apr 26, 2009 | Whirlpool MH7140XF Microwave Oven
Mar 21, 2008 | Whirlpool MH1150XMQ Microwave Oven
Feb 25, 2008 | Whirlpool MH7135XE Microwave Oven
112 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: