To get Viber application, you need to sign up to be a beta-tester first.
After subscribing at http://viber.us2.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=cebf43dfd2dac36081a3f614e&id=c187e76325
You simply need to wait several weeks from our invitation email. Once you get it, you will be asked to fill out a form verifying the same details as the original subscription, and then you will be sent to download the APK and complete your installation.
If you get the APK without following this exact procedure (in the *exact* same order), you will NOT be able to activate.
Once you request to be a beta tester, you will receive a confirmation email from us. This not the actual invitation to download!
When you receive your invitation (within a few days) with your unique download link, continue with the following:
- On your PC [use a browser other than Internet Explorer eg., Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.], click on the download link at the bottom of the webpage (the link to this webpage will be sent to you in the invitation), and save the Viber.apk file. The apk file must download completely.
- In order to allow the installations of non-Market applications, you'll need to update your android settings. On the Application Settings screen you'll see a selection titled "Unknown sources" which allows you to install non-Market applications. Make sure the option is checked. If not tap the checkbox. (see sample here: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/79/16/how-to-install-viber-for-android-beta)
- Pass the file to your Android device, onto the SD card, and use your device file manager to install the file. If you do not have a file manager installed on your Android device, you may download one for free from the app market (for example: Astro file manager). If this fails, please try step 4.
- After making sure that you have allowed non-Market applications on your Android device settings, as mentioned above, using your phone's browser, download the Viber.apk file directly into your Android phone. If this fails, please try step 5.
- Download the Viber.apk file to your PC [use a browser other than Internet Explorer, eg., Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome.]. Then attach it to an email, and send it to the email account which you use on your Android device. When you receive the email on your device, just click on the file attachment, and it will install.
From there, just follow the on screen instructions:
Once installed, on the Welcome screen, tap on 'Continue'.Tap 'OK' or 'Allow' on the following pop up notifications: Allow access to the address book.Choose your country and then type in your phone number with the cell prefix included, then tap on 'Continue'.Within 60 sec. you will receive an SMS with an access code. Enter the access code in the Viber Setup screen and click on 'Enter'.