Question about Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
Something hit the top left of the screen, not a part you touch, put still a cracked screen
Posted by Anonymous on
No need to worry, you can visit smart restore. Smart Repair will help you to resolve your broken ipad screen. Smart Repair is re-owned brand company which provides end to end solutions to customer at certain time.
Posted on Apr 02, 2018
The iPad 2 digitizer is $8-10 on ebay, including the metal piece that fits into the camera at the top and the home button at the bottom. You need to follow a specific, very simple procedure to replace the screen, and you may have to replace the wifi antenna and ribbon cable if they are damaged when you remove the screen. This shows the screen replacement process in great detail.
This shows the wifi antenna replacement in great detail.
This shows the ribbon cable replacement in great detail
I bought the strongest magnifying glasses the dollar store sold, 3.5 I think, and ordered a digitizer which included tools, e.g.
so you have the screwdriver and nylon pry tool needed to do the repair. If you watch the first video 2 or 3 times, and pause it and watch it step by step the first time you do the repair, you have a good chance of not damaging the wifi antenna and ribbon cable.
Here's what I do:
1) make sure the ipad is OFF.
2) leave it in the sun until it feels really hot, or use a hair dryer to heat the digitizer until it can be pryed up from the frame.
3) pry up the LEFT edge about an inch first, use scissors to cut the ribbon cable on the lower left side.
3) slowly pry up the bottom edge, and look into the ipad and pry the screen away from the wifi antenna on the bottom right of the unit, os you don't damage the wifi antenna. It's not a big deal as they're about $2, but replacing it takes more time.
4) slowly pry the top right corner away from the ribbon cable and be very careful as there are 2 cables on the top right 3 inches of the unit that can be easily damaged.
5) use rubbing alcohol to clean the LCD (acetone first if nasty stuff is stuck to it). I use dollar store napkins, nail polish remover (which contains acetone) and rubbing alcohol... so acetone first if needed, then rubbing alcohol, then just your breath and the napkin to do the final polish. LET IT DRY OVERNIGHT, the superglue gel will cause a whitish haze on the inside of the screen if there is any moisture present when it cures.
6) When re-assembling, the tape that comes with the digitizers these days is wimpy and will NOT secure the screen for long, so I bought super-glue gel from the dollar store, put small dots every half inch around the perimeter of the frame then let it sit for 5 min's so they can outgas.
7) When you're ready to place the digitizer on the tape/glue, turn on the ipad and when it's on, place the screen where you think it goes, then turn on the camera facing you so you can make sure the camera is aligned with the screen. I didn't do that on my first repair and the camera wasn't aligned with the metal pins correctly and I had to re-do the screen attachment.
8) Turn the ipad off and turn it upside down on a piece of paper on a very flat surface, and put 12-15 pounds of books on top of it, and let it cure for 24 hours. Do not move it during that time.
If you are careful you can do your own repair for $8-16. I have since done about 24 now and use the above procedure every time.
Posted on Jun 22, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: iPad replace broken screen
the only thing that i can be sure that would help is that you need to call the manufacturer and get a screen replacement because since the ipad is fairly new it wont have many guides or anything that can really fix a broken screen.
i hope that this can be useful
Posted on Jul 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 03, 2015 | ASUS MeMO Pad HD 7
Mar 01, 2015 | Apple iPad 2
May 16, 2014 | Tablets & eReaders
Apr 01, 2014 | Apple ipad 2 wifi 16gb white
Mar 15, 2014 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
Jan 10, 2014 | Apple iPad Tablets & eReaders
Nov 05, 2013 | Nextbook Premium 7 Capacitive Touch...
Apr 12, 2013 | Kocaso M1050
Feb 24, 2011 | Apple iPad 32 GB WiFi Tablet PC
Dec 22, 2017 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
Aug 22, 2017 | Apple iPad (16 GB) WiFi Tablet PC
187 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!