Question about Wahl 8550
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: wahl designer clipper
Have you been oiling the blades? If you ran out of oil you can use any light machine oil available at any hardware store. If you feel comfortable opening the unit you will be able to see the electromagnet inside and watch what is going on. If all else fails Buy a new set (the exact kind) and keep the receipt. Swap them out and return it from the store where you purchased it. You paid good money for them and they should not have died so quickly. The store will get full credit for it when they return it to the manufacturer so it is not that morally bad. The manufacturer should bare the burden because of the poor quality control that allowed your clipper to die in such a short period of time. Hope you find this solution helpful and the last option is a surefire fix...
Posted on Jul 25, 2008
Okay I fixed mine. this is I what I did and it works now take the big blade and put it on a table, take the little blade and put on top of the big blade if you look closely at the big blade you can see where the little blade went, make sure you allign the blades. next take the white thing dont know what you call it bit it rotates the blades put that on the little blade, take the gold piece align with holes to the big blade and take the silver piece allign with holes and then put the screws back in. when you put it on the clipper make sure the white piece goes in the hole that rotates the blades and sould go in fine
Posted on Jun 20, 2009
Okay, if you took this machine apart don't worry. You would have noticed when you loosened the first two screws closest to the blade (but still on the body of the trimmer) a small white part of the trimmer flew out...you were probably think wtf? Yeah, okay. If you took all four screws out, make sure you align the cord within its allocated space on the frame and screw in the bottom two.
1. Now, leave the top two screws about 75% loose so that you can slip the white piece back.
2. You will notice that there are two prongs sticking out of the hole where the blade is suppose to go. Make sure the "Detailer" enscribed on the front of the trimmer is facing the ground (or opposite yourself). Align the white piece so that the groves are facing the prongs and the other half of the white piece is facing yourself.
3. Slide the white piece down as far as reasonable, without forcing it. There is a little hook on the white piece, and a corresponding groove on the casing of the Detailer. Make sure that you align the white part so that the hook aligns with the groove, also make sure that you have aligned the groove on the back side of the white piece with the small round tip of the motor.
4. Okay, so this is the tricky part, you will probably be saying...the white piece is still sticking out. Well this is initally why it flew off when you took the machine apart. The blade acts a spring load for the white piece and the top two screws on the casing holds the remaing pressure forced on the white piece. What you need to do now is align the blade and its screws with the corresponding holes on the maroone casing and push the front of the blade down on the white piece and tighten the screws. The machine should now be working.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 04, 2009
No problem look at your clipper blade, you will see 3 screws remove the screw in the middle ONLY, The clipper blade will come off, replace with new blade put back the middle screw on and tighten.
Posted on Mar 30, 2010
- There are two screws holding together the two plastic halves of the trimmer case. The hats of the screws are hidden under the black decorative panel (the one which has wavy form). The black decorative panel can be pried off with a small screwdriver.
- In addition, in the "nose" part of the trimmer there are two plastic tabs clipping the two halves together. (Once the screws are removed; and the blades are removed you should be able to open up the unit.)
- [I just took mine apart b/c the motor started seizing.]
Posted on Feb 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 25, 2014 | Wahl Hair Clipper Taper Replacement Round...
Jun 22, 2010 | Wahl 8685 Hair Trimmer
May 21, 2010 | Health & Beauty
Mar 29, 2010 | Wahl 9918-600 Beard Trimmer
Mar 15, 2010 | Wahl Super Taper Hair Clipper 2000 Hair...
Jan 27, 2010 | Wahl 9918-600 Beard Trimmer
Jul 28, 2009 | Wahl 8554 Hair Trimmer
Mar 09, 2009 | Wahl 9918-600 Beard Trimmer
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: