Ionic Breeze GP S1830 - makes a sizzeling noise
Funny you should post this when you did as I just finished reassembling my S1730.
Mine was making very loud noise, arcing violently, smoking slightly and would give a good shock when you touched the plastic covers(yes dirty plastic will conduct electric current).
1. Unplug the unit
2. Take the plastic covers off, front has four screws and back has snap at bottom, both slide up when loose.
3. Wash the plastic covers
4. take the light out and clean it with windex
5. Vacuum the inside, be careful of the two corona wires
6. Find the bead on each corona wire and while turning them slight so the edges scrapes the wire, move them back and forth to scrap the white power off the wires
7. scrape the cone shape plastic that the corona wires runs into, this build up is the primary culprit of the arcing which is the noise you hear. be careful of the corona wires again. I used an exacto knife and gently scraped it, sandpaper has been suggested elsewhere, once done scrapping, wipe down to clean any residue. The top cones are only part accessible, after cleaning mine the noise still persisted but acceptably lower than before. I think if you completely take apart the unit you can clean this cones better.
8. Reassembly is the same is opposite of disassembling.
Hopes this helps you.
Aug 21, 2009 |
Sharper Image Ionic Breeze GP SI730 Air...