- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
First, check to make sure that the door is closing and latching fully and that there is nothing jamming any of those mechanisms. There are safety devices that keep microwaves from turning on if they think the door is open/ajar.
If the door is fine and the rest of the functions (timer, etc.) are behaving, it's probably a busted magnetron. That's the part that actually emits the waves that do the heating. It's a part that can be replaced, but probably cheaper to get a new microwave.
Maybe there's a problem with the power transformer or the power PCB [ Printed circuit board ] . Or it could be just a fuse . You need to check first . If it's the fuse , then that will be easy to solve , you need only to replace it with new one . But if the problem is with the transformer or with the PCB , you need to take your microwave to the service for repairing .
To locate the fuse, remove the outer cabinet of the unit, which is usually held in place with a few screws. Once the outer cabinet is removed, follow the power cord into the unit. It will take you to the fuse holder, where the fuse sits. The fuse holder is located two or three inches into the unit, and may be attached to a power board .
The fuse is located inside the microwave. You will need to remove the front panel to get to it. It will be located on the black power wire inside the microwave and installed inline. Make sure that the microwwave is unplugged before removing the front panel. Once you locate the fuse inside you will need to remove it and test it with a continuity tester to see if it is blown. If it is make sure you replace the fuse with the same amp rating you found. If the new fuse blows again then there is an electrical short somewhere inside the microwave.
most micros have either a 15amp or 20 amp ceramic fuse at the top behind the touch pad. cover has to be removed. don't touch the hv capacitor. check fuse for continuity if none replace with like fuse. if it blows again you have another problem.
there is a motor under the turn table that spins that tray.now some more expensive units would allow you to turn off the turn table if user wanted to,so check that out .but if not and its under warenty call a sears or any servicer that repairs you brand under warenty
The fuse is internal and you will have to remove the cover to be able to access it. Unplug the unit. Once you remove the cover, follow where the power cord goes into the unit. The fuse should be in that area. Replace the fuse with the EXACT value of that of the original one.
If the fuse blows again when you put the cover back on and turn it on, then this indicates that you have a problem in the power supply or with the magenetron.
Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you.
Blown 20 amp fuse inside the cabinet. You could try just replacing the fuse, but experience on these says that it blew out for a reason. Something has shorted out inside the cabinet; magnetron, transformer...
I highly recommend contacting a local appliance repair company and have them come diagnose this for you. They'll have to remove it from above the stove to gain access for diagnosis, big job! I know this is not what you wanna hear, but they are trained on these and have the necessary tools for removal and proper diagnosis. (plus, if they mess anything up getting it down from there... they are insured)
To make things go faster, remember to tell the dispatcher that it's an over the range microwave... this way, the tech will be sure to bring the necessary tools on the first trip.