Question about Washing Machines
The washer fills and agitates but does not spin or drain.
Whirlpool Washer LA5558XSWO
The problem is likely one of three things:
1. there is something clogging the line (poss a thin sock)
2. the belt is loose, broken or off
3. the pump is no longer functioning.
a quick test for each:
1. with the washer filled with water lower the hose to the floor, if water gushes out, this is not the problem.
2. inspect the belts, manually turn the bottom of the agitator and it will turn the other belts, the one under the pump should be turning the bottom of the pump.
* if it is not the above, likely the pump needs replacing.
Posted on Mar 11, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2015 | Kenmore Washing Machines
Nov 02, 2012 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
Jun 05, 2012 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
May 30, 2012 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Nov 04, 2011 | Washing Machines
Oct 30, 2011 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9564J Top...
Jun 14, 2011 | Whirlpool LSR7333 Top Load Washer
Apr 01, 2009 | Whirlpool Ultimate Care II LSQ9549L Top...
Sep 21, 2018 | Whirlpool Washing Machines
906 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!