Question about Dishwashers
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
not a dumb question,
is the bottom dishes coming out clean? there is a chopper that breaks and will trap food and not clean the top rack.it is not easy to replace.but not impossible.
Posted on Oct 31, 2008
I have a Quiet Guard 4. Same problem so will describe my solution.
1. Remove bottom basket. Remove top basket.
2. Remove bottom washing arm. Unscrew (Gently but firmly) the centre post. Lift arm assembly up and out.
3. Remove overhead conduit. One screw at back, one at top (Philips #2 bit). Rotate whole assembly 45 deg right (Clockwise) and lift off of centre post.
4. Remove centre post (Pull straight up). Remove 4 screws (Star T-20 bit). Lift whole assembly out. Pop off screen and clean.
5. Remove cap over cutter/chopper. There is a single screw at front left (under assembly removed in 4). Remove screw (Star T-15 bit) and cap (Needs some wiggling to free it up). Remove cutter and filter. It is on a spring loaded pin. Pull the cutter blade foreward and then the filter disc straight up. Clean thoroughly as it may be the cause of your problems.
Reassimble. Good luck!
Posted on Jan 02, 2009
I have a very similar dishwasher, with a very similar problem. I fixed it by removing debris from the water evacuator pump located towards the front of the bottom of the machine (the last motor before the drain hose. In my case, grape stems had clogged it up. Once emptied, it purrs once again. NOTE: don't disassemble the motor, just flush it out, there is an o-ring gasket that is a bear to re-install.
Posted on Sep 04, 2009
that would be model # 66516012403 correct??
you may have inadvertently set the lock on function..
check this out from your manual...
Use the Lock On to prevent unintended use of the dishwasher
between cycles. You can also use the lock feature to prevent
unintended cycle or option changes during a cycle.
When LOCK ON is lit, all buttons are disabled.
NOTE: The dishwasher door can be opened while the controls
are locked. However, the lock must be turned off and the Start/
Resume button pressed to resume the cycle.
To turn on the Lock
Press and hold HEATED DRY for 4 seconds. LOCK ON glows.
If you press any pad while your dishwasher is locked, the light
flashes 3 times.
NOTE: If the Heated Dry option is selected, the light will
temporarily turn off until Lock On glows.
To turn off the Lock
Press and hold HEATED DRY for 4 seconds. The light turns off.
hope this helps,
best of luck,
Posted on Oct 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 10, 2011 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
Nov 11, 2010 | Kenmore 24 in. 15932 Built-in Dishwasher
Sep 25, 2010 | Dishwashers
Aug 30, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Aug 22, 2010 | Kenmore Dishwashers
Jun 22, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 15689 Built-in Dishwasher
Jun 03, 2009 | Dishwashers
Jul 06, 2017 | Frigidaire 24 in. PLD2850 Built-in...
Jan 08, 2009 | Kenmore 24 in. 17602 / 17604 / 17609...
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: