I was struggling to get Sansai URC-L969 working also. After a looking through a ton of sites like this one, I found a similar model of Sansai Universal remote user manual here: URC 969 Instruction Download Sansai
It lists all the IR codes as well as how to use the damn remote. I could get none of the codes to work (which might be down to the fact that there is no "0" key, A key that is used in EVERY code).
I got mine working using the Manually Search Code instructions on page 2 of these instructions. Another hurdle was the "TV1" button seems not to be programmable for me - It would not "twinkle" as the instructions says it should. The other preset buttons (VCR, CBL, DVD, TV2, TV3, SAT, AUX) were programmable.
In case the link gets moved or anything, here is a quick run through the instructions:
1. Hold "Set" then press the button you wish to program - I used "TV2"
2. The Set button stays lit, press it again so it's flashing
3. Turn on television and point remote at it and press the Power button slowly until the television turns off.
4. Your remote now has the right code selected, press the "TV2" button once more to save the configuration to the button.
5. If the other buttons don't work as expected (volume etc), repeat the process of cycling through all the configurations again and just ignore the first one that turns off the television.
Hope that saves someone the headache I have had the past two days while looking for information on this brand of remote. No one seems to know what they're talking about when they answer these questions.