Question about HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet Printer
Perform the following steps :
1. Disconnect the Universal Serial Bus (USB) cable from the back of the product, but leave the product turned on.
2. Open the cover of the product and remove the print cartridges.
3. Close the cover and wait for the Insert Ink Cartridges message to display.
4. Disconnect the power cord from the back of the product and the wall socket, then wait for one minute.
5. Reconnect the power cord. If the product does not automatically turn on, press the Power button.
6. Open the cover and reinsert the print cartridges.
7. Close the cover. If prompted, print a calibration page.
8. Print a Self Test to verify product is functional.
9. Reconnect the USB cable, and try to print from the computer.
10. If the error is still there replace the unit
1. Get the unit into the “Support Menu” by following the steps below
A. - Press and hold the “*” key.
B. - Press the “#” key and release both keys.
Display should say “Enter Special Key Combo”
C. - Press and release in sequence the “1”, “2” and “3” buttons.
Display should say “Support” and display the FW rev (something like R0631R)
2. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says “System Configuration Menu”. (on C8100 use Touch Screen)
3. Press and release the “OK” button.
4. Display should say “Hardware failure status”. If not there already, Arrow Key over to “Hardware failure status”,
5. Press and release the “OK” button.
6. Display should say “Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear”.
7. Press and release the “OK” Button. Message changes to “Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue”.
8. Press and release the “CANCEL” button as many times as necessary, so that, either the “Welcome to Photosmart Express” screen appears, or, the “Ink System Failure” screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
9. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
10. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
11. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message “USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER” followed by “PRESS OK TO CONTINUE”. Press OK.
12. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the “ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS”. Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
13. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
14. If the error is still there, or reoccurs replace the unit.
Posted on Jan 15, 2008
Sagarjd's 2nd part of the fix worked for a C7250 with the "Ink System Failure" 0xc18a005 error code.
Posted on Mar 23, 2010
I need your help
Posted on Jan 19, 2011
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Reset the product:
Posted on Jan 25, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 22, 2009 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Oct 11, 2009 | Canon PIXMA iP1800 Photo Printer
Jun 01, 2009 | Sony DRU 510A DVD±RW Burner
Feb 16, 2009 | HP - HP Photosmart 8250 printer
Oct 15, 2007 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
Oct 14, 2007 | HP Photosmart C7180 All-In-One InkJet...
15,362 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: