- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
have you try to format your computer? your driver seems a lower ver. and your windows driver is not a service pack 2.. try to format your computer, check all the hard drive install in your computer and it sure it will search the driver.. tnx!
if the CD's were written in a UDF format, then you'll need the same program on the Optiplex, or one that reads UDF format (Roxio Direct CD, Nero InCD etc)
If the cds are not in a UDF format, and are readable on the 2300 but not the GX 270 then there may be a tracking issue with one of the drive's alignments.
First I would go to the Control Panel > System > Hardware > device manager. There go to cd-dvd drives and right click on the cd drive and then click un-install. Restart your unit then test it,
If that does not work, I would un-install InCD, then re-install it. On Nero's website there a un-installers for Nero and InCD. If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it. Thanks, Joe
The problem of the CD drive missing (and sometimes the A drive likewise) has been known to come up from time to time when PCs were upgraded to SP2, on some Dell models, the InCD feature of Nero, or those with Roxio CD creator 5.
A couple of things you can try:
1. Uninstall references to the CD in your Device Manager, reboot. Windows is suppose to autodetect and auto install such devices;
2. verify that the CD is detected in the CMOS/BIOS, save & exit;
4. download and merge to your registry a quickfix -
5. If installed, uninstall/remove InCD or Roxio CD creator 5.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Post back how things turn up or should you need further information.
Good luck and kind regards.