HPcolor laserjet 2840 clicking with message "scanner bulb warming
1) unplug everything and move the unit to where you can work on it.
2) Remove the paper, and remove the hinged lid (tilt the lid to the up position and lift directly up and off).
3) Remove the push button cover which lifts directly off - straight up.
4) At the top of the button control module is a recessed release clip. Use a flat blade screwdriver and push down on the clip. While pushing down, slide the control button assembly down. lift the outside edge up (there are straight clips on the inside edge). Lift up slowly as the connection cable needs to be unplugged. the cable itself unplugs. Just pull down evenly grasping the top blue laminated section. The blue goes to the outside (contacts go to contacts on the inside). Set the button control unit aside.
5) Using a #10 Torx screwdriver, loosen the two screws in the back corners of the glass cover assembly. Lift the glass assembly up (like changing an ink cartridge), and pull the front lip left and right forward - there are two clips at these locations. Pull forward and lift up. Remove the glass cover assembly off and set aside. Note, tip over and remove the scews (best to remove and put back in after the cover is back fully in place). In reassembly, be sure to feed the control button cable back through the hole, and that it goes back into place the way it came out (including folding back into the slot under the button control assmebly).
6) The black plastic cover has two metal clips visible. These are not the release clips (they hold a glass piece in place under the black plastic cover). The release clips are outboard of these metal clips and are two slots. Insert a small flat blade screw driver, and push the handle toward the center. While prying, lift the cover at that end up, pry the other end and lift the black plastic cover off.
7)While you're in there, you might as well clean the mirrors (THERE ARE FIVE OF THEM)and glass. At the front of the lamp on the botton, the lamp wires lead to a white two piece plastic connector. Unplug the lamp wires. Where the lamp is, toward the front is a black philips screw in the clear plastic piece that holds the front end of the lamp. Remove this screw, and lift the clear plastic piece with the front end of the lamp up slightly, and then pull the full lamp assembly forward and out. This will open the space to the mirrors and glass. Use a Q-Tip and small pieces of paper towell and glass cleaner to clean the mirrors and glass strips. I tried to remove these to clean them, but the metal clips were too tight.. better to clean it all in place. BE SURE TO CLEAN THE EYE!!!!!
8) Clean the bottom of the glass top assembly.
9) Reverse the above to reassemble. Be sure to plug the lamp back in, and the button control assembly. Leave the black plastic cover off.
10) Place the glass top assembly back in place, and snap it down before dropping the screws in the back holes.
Don't know why, but you should be good to go.
After doing the above if in a few weeks you get the same msg again go back in there and take the black top off the housing that the mirrors are in and leave it off!!!! sound crazy but it has been working on a lot of the machines that come in here.
Jul 13, 2009 |
HP LaserJet 2840 All-In-One Printer