Question about Office Equipment & Supplies
Need a Windows 7 compatable software for a Vidar TruScan P87 scanner
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The driver listed on the web for 2K is compatible with XP.
1) Go to the website http://support.epson.com
2) Under the SCANNERS heading select Epson Perfection Series and then your scanner model.
3) Under the Drivers & Downloads section select Windows. Download the most current driver for your Windows operating system.
4) Follow prompts through survey and license agreement. Choose to SAVE this file to your DESKTOP.
5) When the download is complete, double-click on the Epson icon on the desktop. This will automatically extract the files and begin the SETUP.
6) Follow the prompts to install the scanner, and click on FINISH when prompted.
7) At this point reconnect the scanner to the computer.
8) You will see an ADD NEW HARDWARE WIZARD. Make sure INSTALL THE SOFTWARE AUTOMATICALLY (Recommended) is checked and click NEXT.
9) If a message appears indicating THE SCANNER HAS NOT PASSED WINDOWS LOGO TESTING, click CONTINUE ANYWAY. Then click FINISH.
10) Your scanner is now installed. Restart your computer before testing.
Posted on Aug 22, 2008
did you install the drivers? they were probably downloaded compressed- you need to look at your download list and install from there. don't know if vista refers to it as install wizard, as xp does, but check that the download was actually opened and installed. otherwise, it's sitting on your hdd doing nothing useful. i'm not familiar with vista, know a lot of people who tried it and switched back to xp. still waiting for the user reports for w7. supposed to be a great improvement on vista! so we wait and watch!
anyway, check out whether your patch for your scanner actually was installed!
Posted on Sep 29, 2009
Testimonial: "Thanks a lot.Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.connected the scanner to my PC- Windows XP.Canon replied that it does not support Vista 64bit."
Sorry but the Canon has not released a driver for the Windows 7 yet .The latest OS supported by this scanner is Vista.
All the best!
Posted on May 10, 2010
Hi, try this http://www.hamrick.com/. I've been using it since Vista and am now using it on Windows 7 64-bit. Works a treat and there's even a free trial, so you can be 100% sure it works for you before you buy (not cheap but better than a new scanner, especially if, like me, you only use your scanner a few times a year)
Posted on Jul 28, 2010
you might need to download this to allows your computer to communicate with the scanner
Posted on Nov 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 18, 2011 | Office Equipment & Supplies
May 23, 2011 | Canon CanoScan N676U Flatbed Scanner
Mar 23, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Aug 31, 2010 | VIDAR Systems VIDAR TruScan Select Pro
Nov 28, 2008 | VIDAR Systems VIDAR TruScan Titan II
May 09, 2008 | Office Equipment & Supplies
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: