Think it has gone try to back up or zero fill,
1. I think there are too many bad sectors in your 'HDD'. The reason you did not use for a long days or electricity problem (horrible breakable power supply).You will always use UPS. To repair the HDD, you should need a bootable DM .I don't know, which hdd you are using. So you will use on-track bootable dm follow the step >
Download from bellow link, for ontrack dm http://www.downtr.net/297918-ontrack-easyrecovery-professional-621.html
Mazor problem is most of the user, burn ISO file in data mode and the result, it could not run in boot time.
Burn the iso file, under image burning option from any nero .
2. Restart >press F2/F10/Del( for entry in the BIOS)>Set the cd/dvd as 1st priority.
(It will start automatically from cd )If create any problem footing the cd , follow the bellow link for set boot priority.
3. Ensure that your Bootable dm cd, in cd rom.
4. Boot from cd will be appear then hit Enter as quick as possible.
5. All it will be possible, if you know dos other wise it will be difficult.
6. DON'T PANIC,I hope, you will can do it
7. Type that letter where the dm software in the cd.
8. Type in dos mode. e.g. if your two partition c: d : so your dm will be in e:.
9.type e: and enter , for observation type= dir and enter >now you can see is there ontrack or dm (directry or folder) have or not try it once after one
10 If have ontrack in that folder type=cd (space) ontrack>cd (space) dm hit enter .
11 If all ok type dm and enter
17. It will take 8 to 10 hours don't panic all data will be lost
17. With this processes your hdd can be ok.
18. And after complete all the program installs os again
Hope this helps.
If you are helped you can rate on the 4 thumbs and leave a short comment,because,
this is the free side and I can get the chance, to help people like you .
Thanks for using fixya .