Hi, Lets we disable your IPV6 to IP V4 only .
Do you know how to disable IPv6 in Windows Vista
? Do you know it's enabled by default? It's pretty simple actually! As I know some might even want to uninstall IPv6, but you won't be able to do it as this is built-in feature in Vista kernel. Although IPv6 is developed with better security and aimed to overcome the shortage of IPv4 addresses, but there are several reasons why people still wish to disable this feature:
- Totally not going to use this IPv6 feature as it's not that popular yet and don't know how to use it
- Disabling this IPv6 feature can conserve Windows' CPU and memory resources
- Better network performance with disabled IPv6 feature
Somehow there are still some disadvantages for disabling this IPv6 feature: you will not be able to use Windows Meeting Space or any application that relies on the Windows Peer-to-Peer Networking platform or the Teredo transition technology. If you are not going to be affected by those disadvantages, let's proceed to do it:
1) Go to Start
and right click on Network
and then click Properties
2) Network and Sharing Center window will appear, after that click Manage network connections
3) Network Connections window will appears. Here you can right click on the network card that you wish to disable IPv6 and click Properties
4) In the Local Area Connection Properties window, untick Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)
and click OK
: This method disables IPv6 on your LAN interfaces and connections, but does not disable IPv6 on tunnel interfaces or the IPv6 loopback interface. You need to make change in Windows registry in order to disable the IPv6 on tunnel interface. You can stop here if don't feel like working with Windows registry. If not, proceed with Step 5.
5) Type regedit
in command prompt in order to launch registry editor.
6) Registry editor will appear, proceed to locate following registry item:
: If the DisabledComponents item is unavailable, you must create it:
a) In the Edit
menu, go to New
, and then click DWORD (32-bit) Value
b) Type DisabledComponents
, and then press ENTER
7) Double-click DisabledComponents, set the value as 0xffffffff (hexadecimal value)
(just type ffffffff) to disable IPv6 on LAN interfaces, connections, and tunnel interfaces except the IPv6 loopback interface, finally click OK
8) You must restart the computer for this registry value to take effect.