Question about JBL SP8C 2-Way, 8'' In-Ceiling Loudspeaker Speaker

4 Answers

Runing speaker wire

I am building a new home i want to run speaker wire before the drywall is installed

Posted by on

4 Answers

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 2 Answers
Re: runing speaker wire

If your house will be inspected make sure the speaker wire has a seperate insulating jacket covering the 2 conductor wire. Make sure you use rough in brackets or measure exactly where the wires are located.good luck!

Posted on May 13, 2008

Re: runing speaker wire

Get in wall speaker wire, type CL3. you'll also need to find out how big of a wire your speakers can use. Remember don't run along electric wires. Speaker wires should be kept away from such sources to keep the signal clean. Check local codes to make sure you are using the right wire. CL3 is usually okay anywhere in the US.

Posted on Dec 07, 2007

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer
Re: runing speaker wire

I would suggest that you run PVC tubes with speakerwire in them, that way you can change wire or add an extra wire later if you find the need.
Also this enables you to use cheap wires now and you won't have any problems if you like to upgrade later.

Posted on Nov 20, 2007

Re: runing speaker wire

Use in wall speaker wire

Posted on Oct 29, 2007

Add Your Answer

0 characters

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add


3 Points

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Want to connect 2 yamaha msr 800 w subwoofers with each other because the one speaker build in amp is not working can i

If you want to do it the safe way so you don't put too much of a load on your amp, connect the positive wire from one speaker to the positive output from your amp. Then connect the negative wire from that speaker to the positive wire of the second speaker. Finally connect the negative wire of the second speaker to the negative output of the amp. This will get sound from both speakers without straining your amp. This is called wiring in series.

May 08, 2014 | Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

Can I use a JS650 with a new Harman Kardon AVR1600 Home Theater receiver? The HR is 7.1 however the JS650 has only speaker wire connectors. Thank you.

Yes. You run the front channel speaker wiring to IT then the the front speakers attach beyond it from thye OUTS. Set the level for the sub to match the other speakers using the knob on the back.

Your amps don't 'drive' the sub, they just pass through it to the fronts while the sub samples the programming.

Pictures here...

Jul 10, 2011 | Jensen JS650 Speaker

1 Answer

I have bose speakers connected to a sony receiver and I want to chance the sony receiver to a bose receiver without changing the wires on the speakers. The sony receiver was old and has stopped working. ...

Even though you may need to put new plugs on the ends of the wire, you can still use the wires without having to go out and by new.
Places like Radio Shack, Fry's, Ovation, BestBuy, and CompUSA all carry wire plugs that you can install yourself rather easily on the old wires to make them work with the Bose receiver.

Putting plugs on the ends of the wires is really a simple thing to do.
Just follow the instruction that comes on the pack, and you should be fine.

I don't blame you for wanting to utilize the old wire, it can get expensive to replace speaker wires.

The plugs are a cheap way of saving wire, and saves you quite a good deal of money as well.

I hope this helps you out, and good luck !

Jun 07, 2011 | Bose Cinemate Digital Home Theater System...

1 Answer

I need to find out how to mount stereo MA-10D speakers to a wall. I can't see any mounting capabilities on the back, sides, top, or bottom of the speakers. Has anyone successfully mounted speakers like...

Hmmm. .U don't have option given for speakers to fix them onto the wall. You have to do the following steps.
Things U need are:
  • Masking Tape
  • Level
  • Pencil
  • Keyhole saw
  • UL Class 2 speaker wire
  • Fish tape
  1. Locate the studs closest to where you'd like to install your speaker. You'll want to install the speakers in between the studs.
  2. Tape the template that comes with the speakers in the center. Check to make sure your configuration is level and plumb. Your template will tell you exactly what size hole to drill to insert the speakers. Trace the opening you need to cut into the wall or ceiling
  3. Cut the hole using a keyhole saw or a drywall saw. Keep the section you cut open in case you can't install the speaker and need to patch the hole you just made. If the hole reveals plumbing, you need to relocate the speaker
  4. Run the speaker wire through the wall, or fish speaker wire from an existing installation.
  5. Install the brackets to support your speaker if one is included with your speakers. Some speakers use clips to secure them to the inside of the wall.
  6. Strip the protective coating from the end of the speaker wire, and insert it into the speaker jacks. Test your speakers now if the wires are attached to an audio source. If not, locate the other end of the speaker wire and hook it up. Testing now will save trouble if you run into problems.
  7. Surround the speaker with insulation to enhance the sound. Secure the speaker into place, and do any necessary patching or painting

Aug 27, 2010 | Roland MA-10D Main / Stereo Speaker

1 Answer

Spectroniq home theater rear and center speakers not working

There are several settings on the receiver which can affect speaker enabling. These include speaker levels, ambience settings, balance, & fade controls. Run through the various menu commands & settings, & see if you can find one that affects the problem. If this does not solve the issue, & you have double checked your wiring, then the receiver is likely faulty & should be returned under warranty.

Apr 14, 2009 | Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

Connection between harmon receiver and A-bus in wall speakers...

There is a CAT5/RJ45 A-Bus interface on the back of the HK AVR 435. That needs to connect to your A-BUS "hub". HK has two hub products: ABH-4000 and ABH-4 (older). Then CAT5 cable can be run from this hub to Wall-installed room-specific controls. HK has the AB-2 product, but any ABus compatible wall control will work. From the wall control, you wire regular audio cable to the speakers. So, some of the questions/issues to solve are: where do the existing wires go that are connected to the in-wall speakers? Typically that location is where to place your in-wall volume and source controls. Then the CAT5 gets wired from those controls back to the hub. And all that's required is a single CAT5 from the AVR to the Hub.

Apr 04, 2009 | Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

Instalation instructions required

Uhmmm. . .okay. . .I would use nothing less than 16AWG speaker cable. Do not run the speaker cable parallel in close proximity to any AC wiring. Speaker cable rated to run through walls with usually be color coded red and black. Connected the red to the red on the speaker and red on your home theatre receiver. Do the same for the black. If speaker cable insulation is clear, look closely for subtle markings or writing on the insulation. The writing will only be on one of the two wires. Designate that as the POS or PLUS or + or RED. Connected it to the red on the speaker and the red on the back of your home theatre receiver. The other is by default the black and connect it to like colors. Repeat for all 5, or 7 speakers in your theatre. Your subwoofer probably has a seperate amplifier, so it gets it's power from it's own AC power plug. . .so plug it in. The sound coming from the Home Theatre receiver will be low-power and will carry on an RCA cable. Look for the subwoofer output on the home theatre and connect it to the input on the subwoofer. There may be a right and a left input on the woofer. . .it doesn't matter which you plug it into. . .either one will do.

Mar 09, 2009 | Speakers & Subwoofers

1 Answer

What is Class rated for the speaker wires?

NEC rating for speaker wire installation link : Interesting reading however that doesn't answer your question directly... You may have to speak with the local building/wring inspector if you are concerned about the rating. CL2 & CL3 are suitable for in wall use. If I were you, I would solicit the information from the place you purchased your wire.. they must have a direct line of communication with the supplier /manufacturer and should ba able to provide that information.

Sep 25, 2008 | Durabrand HT-3915 System

1 Answer

Re: Quad 11L tweeter doesn't work

If you sure it is working and new then ,maybe connection error,try to review the hooked up connection maybe there might be interchange;

Just click and choose whatever connection you want;

DVD Players/Recorders: Home Theater Setup, Installation & Hook Up ..

Plasma or Video Projector Wiring Guide

Blue-ray Surround Wiring
Hope this may help;



Aug 25, 2008 | Quad 11L Main / Stereo Speaker

Not finding what you are looking for?
JBL SP8C 2-Way, 8'' In-Ceiling Loudspeaker Speaker Logo

Related Topics:

147 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top JBL Speakers & Subwoofers Experts

Michael Edwards
Michael Edwards

Level 1 Expert

53 Answers


Level 3 Expert

4518 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17129 Answers

Are you a JBL Speaker and Subwoofer Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides