Question about Ovens
Accessory #PGRILLCOV. Model PRDS484GG
Posted by Anonymous on
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2011 | Thermador Ovens
Sep 19, 2011 | Thermador SC302T Electric Double Oven
Sep 15, 2011 | Thermador SC302T Electric Double Oven
May 29, 2011 | Thermador SC302T Electric Double Oven
Mar 17, 2011 | Thermador Ovens
The issue with those Thermador wall oven and freestanding range doors ( especially on the freestanding "professional" line ) is the weight of the door is so great, the hinge will actually move slightly over time, other times the entire hinge will need to be replaced.
This is what I'd recommend ( also official Thermador remedy, rest assured as I am a authorized factory trained Thermador service provider ) before pronouncing the hinges need replacing though.
**This does require a somewhat involved repair, so if you don't feel completely comfortable or have any reservation to trying this, please call in an local authorized Thermador ( B/S/H/ ) service provider.**
Recommendation: Adjust the door box hinge per instructions below.
1. Pull the oven away from the wall about 12".
2. Remove the hinge box cover plates.
3. Remove the vertical side trim piece. It covers one of the screws that must be loosened.
4. Loosen the 4 screws that secure the hinge box.
5. Place a rolled up dishtowel at the bottom of the door and close the door and apply light pressure to the door while re-tightening the four screws.
See fig below
6. Re-install the hinge box covers & side trims.
7. Re-install and secure the oven.
That should do it, ( or as stated, improve the situation ) if the hinges are too far gone they will need to be replaced unfortunately.
Let me know if you require further assistance or if indeed this solved your problem.
Thank you for choosing FixYa today and good luck going forward.
Jan 06, 2011 | Thermador SEC271BS Stainless Steel Single...
Aug 05, 2010 | Thermador SC302T Electric Double Oven
Feb 03, 2008 | Thermador SC302T Electric Double Oven
Nov 04, 2007 | Thermador POD301 30" Pro Series Deluxe...
41 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!