- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
is it throwing a reset switch on its plug head? if so press the reset button on the plug head if it trips again there's an issue inside the hair dryer thats making it shut off power to it from the plug head
The thermal cut-out on hair dryers is usually self-resetting, the device will restore power once the unit cools down... Most of these types of problems are due to lint clogging the air intake and causing overheating, be sure to clean the intake before attempting a repair.
Does the power stay on if you hold the red button in?
If the reset button does not work anymore, it's dead. Those things are not repairable, I've tried.
You don't really 'need' that thing on the end, if you live in a modern house with GFCIs in the bathroom. It's a little extra safety device, in case you have an old house without modern wiring.
You can cut the cord at that end and attach a new plug from Home Depot.
On the end there shouldbe a vent which houses the fan you should be able to open this by twisting ? Chech to see if there is hair/fluff/dust blocking this if it's not able to move the motor won't have anything to keep it cooled resulting in smelling burning as the caught up hair fluff and dust burn hope this helps :-)
Please check the circuit breaker fuses. The one in your bedroom is of lower amps. If it is 5 amps replace it with 15 amps.
Also check the connections of the socket. It could be that wires there are not connected with the socket or they are burnt out thus no connection.
You are getting moisture in the control panel buttons. After a while the panel will not function at all. The light in the dryer tub will still come on when the door is open. When you unplug your machine and it sets for awhile you are allowing the moisture to dry and the machine can reset. Some people use a hair dryer to dry out the control panel for a temporary fix. Eventually, you will have to get it replaced once it stops resetting for you.
These are known to develop sticky switch contact pads. They stick in the contacted position and stifle the panel. Sometimes heat can be applied with a hair dryer to release them and make the unit function again. This is more than likely a temporary fix. New panels are available for about $165 to $200.
I had the same problem. Turns out the reset button on the back of the dryer needs to be pushed; when you push the reset button you should hear a click. If you do not hear a click the problem was probably not the reset button. The button shuts down the dryer heating elements if they are getting too hot and also keeps the drum from turning unless the start button is held down.
If you push the reset button and the dryer starts to work again, I strongly recommend that you stop the dryer and investigate why the heater elements overheated. In my case there was lint/hair build up on the heater elements themselves. Extensive dryer disassembly is required to properly clean the heating elements but it is worth the prevention of a house fire. While you're at it, clean the rest of the machine and the duct work.