Question about Magnavox SDT Tuner
It worked fine for a few years. We just had a bad storm. The power went out several times overnight - a few seconds at a time. In the morning, it didn't work anymore. Tried turning it on, but it would just blink and go back to standby. Tried powering off for an hour or two, unplugging/re-plugging - standard trouble shooting - still doesn't work.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
My unit was dead also.....So I checked outlet first...It was good....Then I tried the 10 minute disconnect and reconnected unit......Saw Unit had power on LCD screen....Hit ON button on remote after changing to HDD and unit works perfectly again....That fix saved me 75 bucks for repair center to do same thing...Glad Funai makes units that shut off before damage occurs...Unit just needed to cool down hard drive or circuitry before it sensed it was ok again....When plugged in it is still technically powered even tho you dont see it on the LCD screen of the unit...
Posted on Nov 04, 2011
This combo has a problem with the vcr unit which take up wheel will stop working and spill the tape. the unit will stop and eject the tape. You have to replace the whole vcr assembly.
Posted on Feb 21, 2012
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have tobuy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
look inside at power board to see if puffed up (bad) caps like these.
Posted on Apr 10, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2016 | Televison & Video
Nov 20, 2007 | RCA D52W20 52" Rear Projection HDTV-Ready...
Feb 19, 2015 | 2000 Dodge Neon
Dec 13, 2013 | Toymax Magnavox 37MF231D 37 in. LCD TV
Mar 25, 2011 | Mitsubishi HC1600 Projector
Feb 27, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jul 16, 2010 | Acer AL1914 19" LCD Monitor
Apr 17, 2017 | Sony BRAVIA KDL-32S2000 32 in. LCD HDTV
102 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: