do you get an error message on the computer screen?if yes - what is that message....?
I am stating the various problem causes for the issue you have stated without even knowing if you do get an error message or not.it would get resolved if you try these steps correctly as mentioned.It should be due to one of these causes.
Cause ---The top cover of the printer is open.
1. Close the top cover of the printer.
2. Press the RESUME button.
Cause --Printer senses that there is paper being fed.
1. Press the RESUME button to feed the paper. Continue with the following steps, if the paper does not feed.
2. Turn the printer off.
3. Open the top cover of the printer.
4. Make sure that paper is not jammed in the printer.
5. Lift the right black rectangular paper sensor (located in the middle of the printer just below the silver rod on which the cartridge carriage slides).
6. Make sure that nothing is stuck under the paper sensor (you can blow under the sensor to remove dust).
7. Close the top cover of the printer.
8. Turn the printer on.
9. Try printing again.
cause --The printer was waiting for you to insert paper and then did not print.
Press the RESUME button to eject the printed page into the OUT tray.
cause --Printer does not sense paper in paper tray.
1. Check to see if there is paper in the paper tray.
2. If there is paper, remove the paper.
3. Make sure that the paper width and paper length adjusters are set for the correct paper size.
4. Load paper in the paper tray.
5. Press the RESUME button.
cause --The RESUME light blinks when the computer is restarted or turned on.
Solution ---This problem may occur when the printer is on before the computer is turned on or restarted. The printer should be turned on after the computer is turned on and turned off before the computer is turned off or shut down. Press the RESUME button to clear the printer and get it to the normal state.
cause--Printer detects a faulty, missing, incompatible, or improperly installed print cartridge.
1. Open the top cover of the printer. The RESUME light will flash until it is closed.
2. Pull the top of the cartridge towards you until the cartridge unsnaps from the cradle.
NOTE : Make sure not to touch the copper-colored contact tape on the back of the print cartridge.
3. Click here (bpa00585) (in English) to check that you have the correct cartridges.
4. If you have the correct cartridges, then pick up the black cartridge. Notice that it has an arrow on the top.
5. Hold the cartridge so the arrow on the top is pointing towards the printer.
6. Tilt the cartridge slightly towards you.
7. Keep the cartridge tilted slightly towards you as you insert the cartridge into the right cradle.
8. Push the cartridge firmly forward into an upright position. You will hear a click when the cartridge is firmly in place.
9. Pick up the color (called tri-color) cartridge. Notice that it has an arrow on the top.
10. Hold the cartridge so the arrow on the top is pointing towards the printer.
11. Tilt the cartridge slightly towards you.
12. Keep the cartridge tilted slightly towards you then insert the cartridge into the left cradle.
13. Push the cartridge firmly forward into an upright position.
14. Close the lid of the printer.
You will hear the sound of the cartridge cradle as it moves to the right side of the printer.
cause --The print cartridge contacts are dirty and the printer does not recognize the print cartridge.
1. Open the top cover of the printer.
2. Remove the print cartridges.
3. Clean the copper-colored contact points on the cartridges with a damp, lint-free cloth. (Distilled water is recommended. Tap water might contain contaminates that could damage the cartridge.)
NOTE: Do not wipe the nozzle end of the cartridge or touch the silver-colored nozzle plate on the bottom of the cartridge.
4. Turn off the printer.
5. Unplug the power cord from the printer.
6. Clean the carriage contacts on the back wall of the ink cartridge carriage with a damp, lint-free cloth.
7. Use a dry, lint-free cloth to remove the moisture from the contacts. If the carriage contacts show noticeable damage, have your printer serviced.
8. Plug in the power cord.
9. Try printing again.
Sep 24, 2007 |
HP DeskJet 648c InkJet Printer