Question about KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven

Open Question

Makes noise, smells of electrical fire, does not heat food

Posted by Anonymous on

Ad

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%

my-video-file.mp4

Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add

×

Loading...
Loading...

Related Questions:

1 Answer

Microwave blew house outlet circuit breaker, what is wrong


you have a short it could be anything would need to be diagnosed and dont plug back in and try to use again potential fire hazard --compare replacement cost to repair cost

Sep 09, 2016 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

Loud boom and burning smell in microwave


Is there any holes burnt into the liner inside the micro wave.? Or burn spots showing.? If there is thow it out. It is not safe to be useing it.It could start on fire. That problem is from when they are not clean out once in a while. End food is burn,t onto the interior liner end grease end oil,

Oct 22, 2012 | Sharp KB6001NS 24 Inch Microwave Drawer...

2 Answers

We were using the microwave the other night and it started making a loud noise like the fan was running (although the fan was not). We let it sit for awhile and try to use it again but the noise came...


The loud noise and no heat means that the magnetron has failed. It the part that generates the microwaves that heat the food. When it fails it shorts out, causing the transformer to heat up. That is what was causing the burning smell. The cost of a replacement magnetron is around $130-150 range so it may not make sense to have it fixed.

Mar 24, 2011 | Maytag MMV4205 Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Turned it on to heat food and make a loud noise , did not heat food and have electrical short ordor.


there is something metal inside that is causing this look for any screws or anything that may have been switch with a repair. what happens is the metal causes the microwaves to reflect back to the magnetron instead inside the food causing noises and sometimes sparks and odor. find the metal object remove it and this should solve your problem

Jan 29, 2011 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Hey Thanks!! I tried to warm food in the microwave and the microwave started to make a strong humming noise, didn't warm the food and has an strong electrical burnt smell. -What's wrong?


The unit had a meltdown. Anytime you smell something thats not normal its alway an internal failure. You could send it out to be looked at but at the price to replace it your better of getting a new one.

Nov 27, 2009 | Microwave Ovens

1 Answer

My Frigidaire over the stove microwave not heating food


Hi,It is most likely the magnetron and diode that has to be replaced. This job should be done by a tech, High voltage. Magnetron's normally have a five year warranty, check your owners manual.

Mar 20, 2009 | Frigidaire FMT148GP Microwave Oven

1 Answer

GE Spacemaker XL1800(JVM1850CF001) - Loud Humming noise


You either have a bad magnetron tube (5 or 10 year parts warranty item through GE Factory Service 1-800-432-2737 or www.geappliances.com) or a shorted high voltage rectifier. I think the light being out is a secondary problem.

Dec 18, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave makes loud noise and does not heat. Smell of light burning


yes anything can be fixed but a do it yourselfer i reccomend against this cause thats a radiated element in the micro
recommend go out and purchase a replacement go with G.E. they have the 7 year warranty great little micro. too change out is easy

Jun 02, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven

1 Answer

Burn at bottom of microwave


First try cleaning the burned mark off. Dip a scrubber in lemon juice and sprinkle salt on it; this is also great for burned coffee pots. The smell can be gotten rid of this way: Boil lemon peel in water, then put the water in a spray bottle. Not only will it make your microwave smell fresh but the lemon oil will make it easier to clean. If it still smells of burning rubber, take the back off and inspect the wiring. IF you see burned wiring, please do yourself a favor and replace the microwave!

Microwaves work by making the molecules in food get "excited"-they move more-meaning, if there IS rubber burning, then there will be minute molecules of rubber in your food, which is BAD for your immune system. If it's just burned chocolate, though, it is harmless unless you are allergic.

Apr 03, 2008 | Danby DMW1400 Microwave Oven

2 Answers

Microwave makes loud noise and does not heat. Smell of light burning


The noise is coming from the high-voltage transformer being overloaded by something shorting it out. Either the magnatron or the high-voltage capacitor and diode. Replace the capacitor and diode then if still not working, replace the magnatron. Its only affordable if you do it yourself - buy the part on EBAY - lookup "universal magnatron"
Hope ya fix it!

Feb 06, 2008 | Whirlpool GH8155XJ Microwave Oven

Not finding what you are looking for?
KitchenAid KCMS145J Microwave Oven Logo

Related Topics:

44 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top KitchenAid Microwave Ovens Experts

William Miller
William Miller

Level 3 Expert

9047 Answers

Donald DCruz
Donald DCruz

Level 3 Expert

17130 Answers

Stu Ungar

Level 2 Expert

52 Answers

Are you a KitchenAid Microwave Oven Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

Loading...