Question about HP Deskjet F340 All-In-One Printer
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: paper jams/ printing blank
Thoroughly check for very small foreign objects in your printer, and check both behind in paper feeder area and inside the unit. Jams can be tiny pieces of paper than have gotten in or torn off paper fed in at slight angle but you may not have noticed. Service you printheads and rollers both manually with solution and cotton buds (q tips) and then see if your ink may be low or out, blocked printheads will obstruct ink from flowing at all. So will damaged printhead points on cartridge, signalling replacement time.
Posted on Aug 16, 2007
Close all the running programs/applications on your computer.
1. Click Start --All programs - HP - HP Director/Solution center.
2. In Hp Director/Solution center Click Start - Settings - Print Settings - Printer Settings
3. Click on the Features tab. Set the Paper Type to Plain paper and Paper Size appropriately.
4. Click Ok. Close HP Director/Solution center.
Open the application and try printing.
Posted on Dec 23, 2007
There are 2 different types of flashing patterns with those two lights on the printer.
Resume light and power light BLINKING ALTERNATELY
Problem: Paper is jammed in the printer.
Resume blinking SIMULTANEOUSLY with power light
The print cartridge carriage is stuck.
1. Open the top of the printer.
2. Remove anything that is blocking the carriage path.
3. Turn the printer off.
4. Turn the printer on.
There is something wrong with the printer. (I didn't write it, I am pulling this from actual HP tech documents, so don't blame me on this one) :)
Turn the printer off.
Turn the printer on.
If the printer will not turn off, unplug the power cable from the electrical outlet or wall outlet.
Unplug the power cord from the back of the printer.
Wait about 30 seconds.
Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
Plug the power cord to the back of the printer.
oke, post in me back
Posted on Mar 16, 2008
Follow the steps below -
1. check the media / paper compatibility. It sould be as per hp :
Paper tray capacity Type Weight Capacity Input tray Capacity Output tray Plain paper 60 to 90 gsm (16 to 24 lb) 150 50 (20 lb paper) Legal paper 75 to 90 gsm (20 to 24 lb) 150 50 (20 lb paper) Cards 200 gsm (110 lb index max 30 30 Envelopes 75 to 90 gsm (20 to 24 lb) 20 10 Transparency film N/A 25 25 or fewer Labels N/A 30 30 4 x 6 inch (10 x 279 mm) Photo paper 236 gsm (145 lb) 30 30 8.5 x 11 inch (216 x 279 mm) Photo paper N/A 20 20 Paper sizes Type Size Paper Letter: 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)
Legal: 216 x 356 mm (8.5 x 14 inches)
A4: 210 x 297 mm
A5 148 x 210 mm
Executive: 184.2 x 266.7 mm (7.25 x 10.5 inches) Envelopes U.S. 10: 105 x 241 mm (4.125 x 9.5 inches)
A2: 111 x 146 mm (4.4 x 5.8 inches)
DL: 110 x 220 mm (4.3 x 8.7 inches)
C6: 114 x 162 mm (4.5 x 6.4 inches) Transparency films Letter: 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)
A4: 210 x 297 mm Photo 102 x 279 mm (4 x 6 inches)
127 x 178 mm (5 by 7 inches)
Letter: 216 x279 mm (8.5 by 11 inches)
A4: 210 x 297 mm (8.27 by 11.7 inches) Labels Letter: 216 x 279 mm (8.5 x 11 inches)
A4: 210 x 297 mm Custom 76 x 127 mm up to 216 x 356 mm (3 x 5 inches up to 8.5 x 14 inches) Print margin specifications Paper size Top Bottom US Letter
US Legal 1.8 mm (0.07 inch) 3 mm (0.12 inch) ISO A4
JIS B5 1.8 mm (0.07 inch) 6.0 mm (0.2 inch) Envelopes 1.8 mm (0.07 inches) 14.3 mm (0.5 inches) Cards 1.8 mm (0.07 inch) 6.7 mm (0.3 inches) 2. paper should be placed to the right of the tray and a little inside with a min distance within the papers of .1 mm
3. open the rear access door of the printer (with grids) on the back and reval the rollers. Take a slight moist cloth ( not cotton ) and clean the rollers with it by moving them 4 times upwards.
4.open the cartridge door ad observe the thin plastic strio on top of the steel rod on which the carriage moves. Take a small piece of paper and hold the strip with it ands swipe it once witout applying much pressure as it could come out in any direction and as much as you can
5. make sure you replace the cartridge if its refilled. It could provide obstruction.
move the carriage 4-5 times continuously with as much speed and make sure there is no obstruction in the carriage movement.
6. press set up button on the printer panel - go to print reports - ok / enter - self test report - see if the paper jams. If not good.. If yes take a look into the next step.
7. pull out the power cable directly from the printer. Press and hold # and 6 button on the printer and insert the power cable and do not release the buttons till you see te display glowing blank or some processing happening. Release the #6. If the printer turns off then press on the power button to turn it on. Continue with country and language settins as apprpriate. Choose your country during this reset. Complete the alignmet then. Take a printout to see if the paper jams again.If yes - the printer definitely needs servicing.
Posted on Apr 08, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 16, 2016 | Ricoh Aficio Sp 3300DN Laser Printer
Sep 16, 2008 | Lexmark Office Equipment & Supplies
Mar 22, 2015 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 03, 2014 | Epson Expression XP- 605 Inkjet...
Dec 17, 2010 | Ricoh Aficio CL3500N Laser Printer
Jul 03, 2009 | Samsung SCX 4521F All-In-One Laser Printer
Mar 31, 2009 | Ricoh Aficio 3025P Black and White Copier
Mar 12, 2009 | HP LaserJet 3390 All-in-One Multifunction...
Dec 23, 2007 | HP PSC 2410 All-In-One InkJet Printer
May 14, 2014 | HP Deskjet F340 All-In-One Printer
23 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: