I have a vetch mod# CS6114 I checked the base unit and it gets power to charge phone but I can't get a dial tone. I even hooked up to another line and still won't work.
This sounds like a registration problem, the
handset must be de-registered from wherever
it thinks it is and then registered to your base.
( I ). First, to de-register a cs6114 handset ---
0. Start by taking off the battery compartment cover.
1. press [menu]
2. scroll up/down to "Settings"
3. enter * 7 8 9 0 #
4. scroll from "Test Base" to "Test Handset", press [select]
4. scroll down to "next page", press [select]
5. scroll down to "Register Clear?", press [select]
6. display asks "Confirm?" or "Register Clear??",
7. display reads "Ok" and chirps, press [ off ]
8. UNPLUG THE HANDSET BATTERY
(this is why the cover was off)
9. Wait ~30 seconds, re-connect the battery &
replace the cover
10. display reads "Not Registered"
( III.) To register the cs6114 handset to the base:
1. press [Find Handset] on the base and hold for
~4 sec until the "In Use" lamp lights.
2. press # on the handset and set the handset into
the handset cradle on the base
3. within 30 seconds or so, the handset will either
chirp and display "Handset Registered", then
"Handset #x" or it will say "Registration Failed".
NOTE: the battery must be well charged prior to the
registration process, a weak battery may cause a
"Registration Failed". Charge the battery for a
few hours and try the registration ( III ) again.
NOTE 2: Some cs6114 bases do not have the "In Use"
lamp indicator. To register the handset simply park it
displaying "Not Registered" in the base cradle and wait
for the registration to occur. Pressing # as above may
be required, maybe not.
Good luck !!
Feb 12, 2015 |
Vtech DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with Digital...