Question about Porter Cable BSV750W 7500 Watt Electric Generator
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get to try the service completely Free afterwhich it costs $6 per call and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Here are a a few possibilities to look at:
1) Bad connection at the outlets themselves (loose wire) regarding neutral, hot wires.
2) Bad Excitation Capacitor. The Exc. Cap. is responsible for energizing the field wiring of the alternator. If the field is not energized, there will not be a magnetic field developed, therefore, no electrical output.
3) Open Field / Stator winding. If Field winding is open, no magnetic field will be developed. If Stator winding is open, no voltage will be induced.
4) Generator speed is too slow. If the RPMs of the engine are too slow, the output of the alternator will fail as well. Note that from normal speed, voltage output will occur but at reducing frequency until ouput ceases altogether, usually at about 47Hz. If your alternator is a 2 pole, engine speed should be 3600 rpm nominal. If alternator is a 4 pole (most aren't), engine speed would need to be about 1800 rpm nominal.
5) Generator speed too fast. If RPMs are too fast, output may fail as well. See above.
6) Excitation Fuse has blown. There is sometimes a fuse in the excitation circuit. To check this, you will likely need to pull the end housing off the alternator. Pay attention to bearings / bushings.
Posted on Nov 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 12, 2012 | Winco Electrical Supplies
Jul 31, 2011 | Porter Cable C2002 150 Psi 6 Gal...
Jul 24, 2011 | whirlpoolcorp.com
May 30, 2011 | Porter Cable 5,500 Watt Portable Generator...
Jan 06, 2011 | Porter Cable-Cable PCL180DK-2 18-Volt...
May 24, 2010 | Coleman Powermate Premium Plus 6250W...
Nov 26, 2009 | Porter Cable Electrical Supplies
Jun 23, 2009 | Porter Cable Tools & Hardware - Others
Jun 09, 2009 | Porter Cable Electrical Supplies
Feb 19, 2009 | Coleman Sport 1850 Generator
40 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: