Question about Televison & Video
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: No picture
Convergence ICs probaly went bad and if you continued using it it most likely took out the two flameproof resistors right next to the ICs heat sink thereby shutting the set down.
Posted on Jan 17, 2008
Thank you on our concerned by the way i found my manual book already it was with my niece all this time, thank you again & sorry for any inconvenience causes.
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
I see so many here with no sound/nopicture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signsof damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down theproblem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the genericones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don'tput a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses astandby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined andsome not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on thepower/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--Iattach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flatand have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating(saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buyand try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.If set is opened at least look for puffed up and bad caps like in thisphoto.
Posted on May 01, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 02, 2016 | Televison & Video
Apr 03, 2015 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Sep 10, 2014 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Feb 02, 2014 | Toshiba Televison & Video
Jul 13, 2013 | Televison & Video
Oct 23, 2010 | Toshiba 55H70 55" Rear Projection...
Nov 09, 2009 | Toshiba 42H81 42" Rear Projection...
Mar 23, 2008 | Toshiba 55H70 55" Rear Projection...
Nov 19, 2017 | Sony Televison & Video
21 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!