Question about Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer Refrigerator with Adjusta Cube Ice Maker
Our refrigerator Kenmore Elite Model Number 795.72069.212 has a error message of 1F on the panel. What does it mean?
Posted by Anonymous on
I have the same model and had the same problem after 3 years of use. I checked this and other sites and here's how I fixed it -- easy, peasy.
1. Turn off the power to the refrig. I have a ckt breaker for the refrig so I didn't have to pull it out of its alcove.
2. Open the bottom freezer section, pull up on the front of the middle drawer and pull it out. If you look to the back inside wall of the freezer you'll see 3 vents.
3. Make a platform that will support a common hair dryer to bring it up to the level of the central vent. I used a couple of packs of napkins topped with a towel.
4. Turn on the hair dryer. I left it on for about an hour and heard two chunks of ice fall free at about the 15 and 30 minute points.
5. Remove the hair dryer and platform, put the middle drawer back in the opposite of how you removed it, and close the freezer section.
6. Turn the power back on.
7. Put a towel on the floor to catch the water from the melting ice chunks.
It's been 24 hours and the error has not reappeared.
If this doesn't work, then other comments suggest that it may be the related circuit panel and you'll need to call in for repairs.
I hope that this helps.
Posted on Jun 02, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
This is an error code for the icemaker fan motor.
If the control does not see a signal coming back from the fan motor you will get this error code.
Please see the image below from the service manual that explains the ER IF error code.
The ER IF code indicates a failure of the icing fan.
You may notice slower ice production but the other fans should be okay.
You can select the ultra ice option and see if the fan toggles on.
The fan or the control is bad.
Thanks for using FixYa - a 4 THUMBS rating is appreciated for answering your FREE question.
Posted on Sep 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2017 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Jul 05, 2015 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Dec 15, 2014 | Kenmore Refrigerators
Jul 21, 2011 | Kenmore Side by Side Refrigerator
Aug 25, 2010 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Jun 05, 2010 | Refrigerators
Jul 17, 2009 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
Aug 08, 2014 | Kenmore Elite 22.4 cu. ft. Bottom Freezer...
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: