Question about LG 42LH90 42 in. HDTV LCD TV
My TIVO setup has worked for over a year and now the power and volume buttons do not work anymore. I have tried all the LG codes (but not the ones that say LG with Goldstar in parenthesis). I called TIVO. They said to use code universal code 0999, which scans all the codes then turns off the TV. The red light on the control stayed on for 10 seconds then turned off, but the TV stayed on and the remote still doesn't work.
Set-up (Programming) procedure is too much to type in here, and is not practical and it will differ brand-to-brand remote controls. If you wish to get more; check the sites linked here. The site has set-up code list & set-up procedure to many popular brand remote controls. The site has general set-up codes to check with TVs and other devices are given, in the order of the 'device's brand name list' in alphabetical order. Set-up code list to many brand remote controls also is given. Pull up older posts. Search the sites by type in the brand name to your device in its search box at the top right part of the display window. It will help you to find the document easily.
• If your device does not respond to the remote after trying all codes listed or your brand is not listed in the code list, use the Auto Code Search method to program your remote.
• Sometimes the first code that "works" with your device may operate only a few functions of your device. There may be another code in the code list that performs more functions. Try other codes from the code list for more functionality.
This is a trial and error procedure; and quiet time consuming. You might have to check different codes said for your device.
Search the site by type in the "brand name" to your device; to which you want set-up codes; in the "Search box at the top right of the display window" to get gathered related posts. .
Posted on Jul 16, 2017
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: LG 37LC7D remote doesn't work
I heard that Best Buy is still selling these models despite this known problem- I am trying to have mione fixed but was told the replacement part is on back order until DECEMBER!
Posted on Oct 31, 2007
SOURCE: REmote won't work
Buy a universal remote & program it for your TV. That's what I had to do. They don't cost that much & they are just as good, if not better (more features) than the remote that came with your tv. Sorry but I went thru this & this was the best solution!
Posted on Jul 04, 2008
Have an LG26Lx1D for about 3 years, dropped off by my son.(Figures).Power light just blinking, but went back to red.Removed back panel, and metal cover. Just above antenna/cable input, its a small fan,mine was full of dirt. Blow off dirt, and make sure its turning freely.
Install back the covers, an voila....its a miracle...its working again.
Posted on Mar 21, 2010
SOURCE: I have an LG TV
Universal remotes have 3, 4, and 5 digit codes depending on the age of the devices to be controlled. 3 digit codes can only control devices made before year 2000. 4 digit codes can do upto 2007, 6 digit codes can do upto the date of the remote manufacture date. Your universal remote is too old for your TV.
Posted on Nov 29, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 29, 2013 | Televison & Video
Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink. The SL-TiVo remote can be programmed to control the TV and one other A/V device using these steps:
1) From TiVo Central, select Settings & Messages > Settings > Remote, CableCARD, & Devices > Remote Control.
2) Highlight Part 1: TV power, volume, and mute and press SELECT.
3) The DVR displays a list of television brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your TV brand and then press SELECT.
4) The TV Remote Codes screen appears. Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the TV.
5) If also programming to control volume & mute on an A/V receiver for surround sound; Highlight Part 2: A/V volume and mute and press SELECT.
6) The DVR displays a list of audio/video receiver brands. Use the UP ARROW and DOWN ARROW buttons and the CHAN DOWN and CHAN UP buttons on the TiVo remote to highlight your receiver brand and then press SELECT.
7) The AV Remote Codes screen appears.
Follow the instructions on this screen to enter a code into your remote control. If the first code does not work, repeat the instructions to enter the second remote control code, and so forth, until you find a code that works. The remote is now programmed to operate the receiver.
The TiVo remote will now turn the TV on/off and switch inputs and adjust the volume and mute the audio on the receiver.
If you have any questions, feel free to email me at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com. Thanks!
Nov 23, 2012 | Televison & Video
Push the TiVo button on the remote. Then push "Messages and Settings," followed by "Settings," and finally press "Remote Control." This will show you the three areas of the remote that are programmable. "TV Power, Volume and Mute," is one section. "AV Volume and Mute," is the second section. The final section is "TV Input."
Pick "TV Power, Volume, and Mute" by pushing right on the direction pad of the remote. This will open up a list of all the brand names of TV that exist. You will find most TV brands will be there.
Find your brand of television and select that option. If your brand is not there, simply go to the TiVo webpage and under "Setup and Support" you will find others who have experience this issue. There you will find a code for your TV. This happens sometimes when the TV is a lesser known brand.
Hold down the button you are programming (i.e. TV Power) for 5 seconds until the red light on top stays on. Then enter one of the codes on the screen.
Push the newly programmable button to test its functionality. If it does not work, repeat the steps with all the possible codes available. One of the codes will work.
Push "Live TV" at this point to watch television.
Use the manual which came with your TiVo in addition to this guide. In the front of the booklet will be a starter guide, which will lead you through the steps necessary to set up your remote for optimum use.
Mar 23, 2011 | Televison & Video
Jan 31, 2009 | Proscan 32LA30Q Television
Nov 10, 2008 | Radio Shack (15-2147) Remote Control
Aug 31, 2008 | Philips DSR708R DirecTV / TiVo DTV...
Dec 09, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
Nov 05, 2007 | Tivo DirectTV Remote Remote Control
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: