Question about Washing Machines
Small puddle at front left corner of the machine, near the filter/trap.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
it's prabably your pump it has two metal strips that snap on from the motor to the pump un-snap them and undo your hoses and get yourself a new pump
Posted on Apr 03, 2009
SOURCE: LG WM2487 Leak Front Left
Not sure if this machine is similar to the WM2277, but here is the procedure for that - my leak was in the "baffels" hose that connects the drum to the drain pump:
1. Drain the machine - pry the panel at the front left lower corner to get access to a stoppered tube. drain as much water from here as possible.
2. Remove screw visible inside this area and remove the white molded plastic - also remove the screw behind that plastic.
3. Open the washer door and remove the spring loaded wire around the door gasket. Carefully pull the door gasket away from the panel push inside and then reclose the door.
4. Remove the detergent drawer and the two screws visible behind it.
5. Pull the top of the electronics panel away from the machine and lift up - place on top of machine or hook it out of the way
6 Remove the 4 screws that are visible holding the front panel to the machine. Left the entire front panel up about 2 inches and swing to the right (there is a wire connecting the door to the machine on the right)
Posted on Apr 27, 2009
Yes the system is cloghed. Pull the detergent drawer out and clean the drawers housing. try using some bleach. It allways helps.
BE ADVICED: after using bleach run quick wash cycle on without any load, it's just to get rid of all bleech remains and not to damage your clothes
Update me about your progress
Posted on Jul 25, 2009
I had this same problem and it was not the supply connections or filters! Under the machine is a rubber bellows. The bellows had sprung a leak. The part was about $10 from Sears and I repaired it in about 30 minutes. The machine is heavy so be careful. Get a friend to make sure the machine won't rock or tip when you're making the repair.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
I also had water leaking from under the washer during rinse cycle only. I tilted the washer back far enough to get under it and found that the drain hose, part # 4738ER1002 had been punctured by my wifes bra underwire. Super easy to replace and the part is only about $18.00 on ebay.
Posted on Sep 21, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 01, 2014 | LG WM1814CW Front Load Washer
Feb 25, 2014 | LG WM2688HWM TROMM SteamWasher
Sep 17, 2017 | LG WM2487H Front Load Washer
Mar 15, 2011 | LG WM2277H Front Load Washer
Apr 23, 2010 | LG TROMM WM2688H 4.0 cu.ft. Front Loading...
Apr 23, 2010 | LG WM2487H Front Load Washer
Apr 18, 2010 | LG WM-2277HW Front Load Washer
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!