Question about Printers & Copiers
I just purchased an HP Photosmart Printer 2500, I removed the previous HP printer software, and installed this one. It never completely installs even though I get to the finish button. Whenever I try to print something, it gets going to an install mode or asking for me to insert the CD that came with it. I now have 4 icons of this printer on my print screen when I try to print and sometimes #2 will print and sometimes #4. I have removed the program 3 times and reinstalled and its still doing the same thing. It won't let me scan, the printer screen says not connected to a computer? I have checked all cords, even bought a new USB cable. Should I go back in to remove/add and take out anything that has printer associated then try to reinstall?
Yes, and install software with printer diconnected fro pc untill new software instal instructs to connect
Also ensure you have not just print drivers but scanning software they are different things that both need to be installed to enable scanning
Posted on Oct 27, 2007
Uninstall the driver using HP's Uninstall utility
To uninstall the driver, HP offers a downloadable utility that removes the software from your computer in several steps or levels. Each time you run the utility it uninstalls additional software.
To remove the drivers using this utility, follow the steps below.
6. Select your operating system (OS) from the list.
7. Right at the bottom is All-in-One Software Removal Utility
8. Download and run the utility. (Always a good idea to back up BEFORE you run any utility like this). Also create a restore point in XP and later OS.
9. You may be required to run the utility several times before it manages to clear out all the rubbish associated with your failed installs.
10. Finally, using a utility like CCleaner http://www.filehippo.com/download_ccleaner/ complete the removal using the registry tab (again may be required to run several times to complete the removal)
11. Restart your PC and run CCleaner (registry tab) once more.
12. Now reinstall your HP using your software, do not plug the printer in until it is required by the insatllation disk.
Posted on Jul 17, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 15, 2013 | HP Photosmart 3310 Printer
Jul 26, 2011 | HP Photosmart Premium C309A All-In-One...
Jun 18, 2011 | HP Photosmart 7850 InkJet Printer
Oct 21, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6280 Printer
Jul 13, 2009 | HP Photosmart 2575 All-In-One InkJet...
Apr 24, 2009 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 03, 2008 | HP Photosmart C7280 Laser Printer
Nov 16, 2008 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 17, 2007 | HP Photosmart 2710 All-In-One InkJet...
823 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!