Question about Dell Computers & Internet
I have had a Dell PP41L Inspiron 1545-9068 given to me. When I switch it on, within the space of a few seconds a blue stirated screen appears, the fan goes for about 5 seconds and if left, the laptop beeps twice, and that's it. Nothing else. I have checked the power supply by substation and same happens. I checked the memory in another machine and it works ok. I did wonder if it could be the DC Power Jack USB Ethernet VGA Video Board Can anyone suggest a possible repair please. Many thanks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Dell XPS M2010 Starting Problems
Ok. Here is the thing. I hope everybody sold their problem, but I will just post for others who may experience the same thing.
1st believe it or not : there is nothing wrong with motherboard, as when you press the power button, computer will shut down. with defective motherboard it will just continue running untill you will unplug it.
2nd believe it or not : it can not be battery issue or hard drive issue, because it does not make any scenes in any way. I have to agree that hard drive on the right is semi-correct answer.
IT is video card that messing up everything. And it is located right under right hard drive. That's why when somebody removed hard drive he/she accidentally corrected the cooling system of video card , which returned M2010 to live.
1. First remove the top cover from the computer. There are 2 sides the plastic things. If you look at the back of your laptop you will see 2 small holes , one on every edge of the back. You stick something there it will loose the front cover.
2. unscrew all the screws hat have ">" or "<" signs next to them. there are something about 15-16 screws in total: this will allow you to open the cover under wich you can find the motherboard and stuff. When you open the cover pry to start the computer, and you will see that fans will not start even after 1-2 minutes after you hit the power button.
3. Remove the right hard drive and under it you will find screws A, B, C, D (silver) and also 1,2,3,4 (black) unscrew the black ones first, them remove video card with the cooling mechanism. now try to turn on the machine. you can see that after like 20-30 seconds fans start working which means that motherboard is fine and it was the video card that was giving problems.
1. I am not sure what causes the issue but I have fixed it this way:
uscrew silver screws and disconnect cooling part from the actual video card.
2. clean both, video card and cooling system not touching sky blue foam ICs. That staff is needed to cool the chips on the video card.
3. let them dry for an hour or so after cleening, than apply some Thermal compound, thermal paste and re assemble the video card with the cooling staff. (mek sure no screw is loose or something)
4. put it back and turn on the computer. If it works , whell .. it works now :)
if not then either you levae some liquid on the video card or screws are loose. try to play a bit with screws. but my personal suggestion is just to wait for a minute or two until video card gets hot and fixes liquid problems itself :)
Try it. It worked for me perfectly ...
Posted on Oct 08, 2009
Sorry to hear that you are still having trouble. The only other thing to try is your battery on your buddies notebook. If it works there then it is the charging mechanism on your notebook and this would mean replacing the motherboard.
Posted on Jan 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 05, 2015 | Dell Computers & Internet
Nov 05, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
Oct 08, 2012 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 28, 2012 | Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop
Sep 23, 2011 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Mar 07, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Oct 05, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Jul 09, 2010 | Dell Computers & Internet
May 02, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1501 Notebook
Mar 31, 2010 | Dell Inspiron 1545 Notebook
93 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!